No sound bar sound using Netflix

Oct 9, 2018
When playing a Netflix selection, the sound bar will not function unless I change from English 5.1 to English in the Netflix Audio Selection icon. The bar does function for the Netflix preview screen and all other apps such as Amazon Prime without making such a change - when the app first comes up. When the Netflix selection finishes - goes to the next episode or I choose another selection - I have to repeat the action in the Netflix Audio menu. Is there a way to make the English selection the default rather than English 5.1? I have not had to do this until recently. Previously, I did not have to change the Audio in Netflix. Of course, if I switch to the TV speakers, the sound works fine - just not the quality of the sound bar.

guanyu210379

Distinguished
I am using:
- 1st. setup: Sony 55XE8505 (AndroidTV) and HT-XT1
- 2nd setup: old Sony KDL37EX505 + old FireTV and HT-MT300
- 3rd setup: some Acer 1080p beamer + Yamaha AVR + Nubert Nubox 5.1 300 set + old Chrome stick

I have never had any problems with sound from Netflix.

hmmm... how about listing your devices/gadgets, perhaps someone can help you better.

Dec 20, 2018
Sorry about the formatting, I cut and pasted from my email transcript. I hope this helps.

TL;DR

Press TV on your sound bar remote, or change source on soundbar to TV from CBL/SAT

Info: You are now chatting with Noah.
Noah:

Thank you for contacting Samsung Canada support. How may I assist you today?

Glen: I am having audio issues with my 65hu900f

Noah:

Can you please provide me with the full model number?

Glen: I have it connected to a nose soundbar, but when watching netflix the sound from my cbl/sat box keeps playing
Glen: UN65HU9000F

Noah:

Perfect!

Noah:

Could you please wait for a few minutes while I gather the required information for you?

Glen: Yes ty
Glen: