no sound from my Energy soundbar with Yamaha RX-V467

tecknowolf

Estimable
Jan 15, 2015
I was using old but awesome tower speakers with my Yamaha receiver. I bought an Energy soundbar that only has optical and RCA connectors. I can not get any device such as cable box, dvd player or what not to play out of the Energy soundbar. I have to run an RCA from each component to the soundbar. I can get the radio to play though the receiver and out of the soundbar. Everything is connected to the receiver by HDMI, should i switch to RCA for everything?

Without model numbers it is impossible to be specific but if you want to use the soundbar as a center channel with your tower speakers and the receiver only has a center speaker out then you can use one of these
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_142LOC80/Scosche-LOC80.html
to convert it to a connection for the RCA inputs on the soundbar. You can use a Y connector with 2 male RCA plugs and 1 female RC plug to split the mono center out to play the entire soundbar.
If you are replacing the towers with the soundbar then you don't really need the receiver except for radio. If the receiver has an analog record out you can connect that to the RCA input on the soundbar. Connect all your sources directly to the TV with HDMI and connect the TV audio out to the soundbar with an optical cable.