No sound from my Samsung bluray!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sgtpepperman1953

Commendable
Feb 22, 2016
I have a Samsung bluray player that is connected to a Sony TV and Sony amplifier via rca cable going from the amp to the headphone plug on TV. Sound for TV works fine but I can't get any sound for the bluray.

Solution
If that's what you're using as an amplifier, it looks like a great selection.

If I may make a suggestion, I would connect your Blu-ray player directly to your amplifier via HDMI, and then connect the amplifier to your TV via HDMI as well.

Select the Blu-ray / DVD input on your amplifier and see if your sound starts to work correctly.

Edit: Your Amplifier should have an HDMI input on it for Blu-ray / DVD. This is what I recommend you connect your Blu-ray player to.

bigpinkdragon286

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2012
Anything that connects to your TV via HDMI should transmit it's audio to your TV via that same HDMI connection. At this point, since your goal is to use speakers external to your TV, which are connected to your amplifier, you need to connect your TV to your amplifier in the method denoted by your TV's ARC requirements.

If your amplifier can not meet the requirements for accepting the ARC from your TV, your only solution is to find and replace your current amp with one that does, or source your audio from something that doesn't require an ARC to pass audio from your TV.

sgtpepperman1953

Commendable
Feb 22, 2016

sgtpepperman1953

Commendable
Feb 22, 2016

bigpinkdragon286

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2012
If that's what you're using as an amplifier, it looks like a great selection.

If I may make a suggestion, I would connect your Blu-ray player directly to your amplifier via HDMI, and then connect the amplifier to your TV via HDMI as well.

Select the Blu-ray / DVD input on your amplifier and see if your sound starts to work correctly.

Edit: Your Amplifier should have an HDMI input on it for Blu-ray / DVD. This is what I recommend you connect your Blu-ray player to.

Solution