No sound from right speaker

audaciousgoat

Estimable
Oct 27, 2014
Hi, I'm using a Sony STR-DE595 amp. It's been in safe storage for a while because it messed up a while ago, and I couldn't fix it at the time. My center speaker and left speaker work fine, but my right speaker is emitting no sound. There seems to be something wrong with the amp internally, because I only hear sound out of my left ear when I plug in headphones. Anyone have advice on how to fix it? I have a STR-K840P that I usually use, but I'm not sure what to do with these. Thanks in advance! Pictures

ClubSpade12

Commendable
Apr 7, 2016
This might be an issue with your sound board or something, I'm no expert, but it would make sense if your PC thinks the left and middle are the left and right speakers. That's just a guess though, other than that, I'd say you've just got broken speakers.

audaciousgoat

Estimable
Oct 27, 2014

That's not it. My PC works fine when I use the other amp, and the speakers I'm using definitely work. It's something internally, because my headphones have the same issue.

audaciousgoat

Estimable
Oct 27, 2014

Motherboard's audio. Works fine with my other 5.1 system.

ClubSpade12

Commendable
Apr 7, 2016
Hm. Well then yeah, there's probably something wrong with your mobo then. Chances are you can't fix that, are you using the headphone port on the front of your case when you use these, or are they plugged into the actual motherboard?
And then, are you plugging your headphones into the headphone jack on the case, or your speakers?