No sound from speakers

Nyminix

Honorable
Nov 7, 2013
So I built my PC today, ans of course, I plugged in my Speakers, which are the DELL AY410 (yes, very old). Only problem is, there's no sound, and the drivers for them do not seem to exist on the net.

Although, this motherboard comes with Realtek HD Audio, could that be a problem?
Also, the speakers connect with a green 3.5mm jack. This was simple enough on my old computer, but this new motherboard has so many damn audio ports, and I'm not too sure if colour standards are still the as they were like 5 years ago when I got the speakers.

Oh and I plugged headphones into the control switch thing, no sound at all.

Solution
in the bios under on board devices make sure onboard sound is on. on the rear ports of the pc there a symbol of a head phones that the speaker port. if not an easy test is play a audio file and plug the speakers into the ports. also with the realtech audio make sure windows has not mutted the output under sound devices and realtech speakers are your default audio output. with nvidia and ati now they install hdmi audio drivers and they can be set as the default outputs.
in the bios under on board devices make sure onboard sound is on. on the rear ports of the pc there a symbol of a head phones that the speaker port. if not an easy test is play a audio file and plug the speakers into the ports. also with the realtech audio make sure windows has not mutted the output under sound devices and realtech speakers are your default audio output. with nvidia and ati now they install hdmi audio drivers and they can be set as the default outputs.

Solution