Solved! No Sound From Sub When Streaming From Phone

3H3

Jul 27, 2020
I am not getting any output from my sub when I play music/anything from my phone. The sub definitely works when I have the blu-ray or tv on. I've tried every surround setting on the receiver and even tried changing the configuration settings to 5.1 from 5.1.2, but still nothing. If it matters, I have a Pioneer VSX-LX303 receiver, a Klipsch Reference speaker system, and an iPhone. TIA for any input.

Solution
If your main speakers are set to large then music bass may not be sent to the subwoofer.
There may be a menu setting that will solve the issue too. Check the owners manual of the AVR carefully. You may find a footnote that mentions the setting that needs to be changed.

3H3

Jul 27, 2020
If your main speakers are set to large then music bass may not be sent to the subwoofer.
There may be a menu setting that will solve the issue too. Check the owners manual of the AVR carefully. You may find a footnote that mentions the setting that needs to be changed.
Thank you, that did it! My front speakers were set to "large." Never would have figured that out. Much appreciated!