no sound from sub woofer of 2.1 speakers windows 10

augustus2015

Estimable
Aug 28, 2015
Dear sir,

Since a week, I am getting audio only from two channels in a 2.1 speaker set up i.e. there is no sound or weak sound from subwoofer when audio files are played through my Laptop
3.5mm jack is provided by the manufacturer of the multimedia speakers.

I have been using the speakers connected through the head phone socket with the same 3.5 mm jack.

I am using the same laptop and speakers for the last 2 years.

I have noticed that:

1. I am getting audio from subwoofer if the files are played from a mobile, mp3 players
connected through Head phone socket (3.5mm Jack)

2.The Multimedia player has an option to play audio files from Micro SD card and Pendrive
connected to its ports.

I am getting excellent response from the subwoofer in the above 1 and 2 instances.

Laptop model:HP Pavilion Sleekbook 14
Connectivity: with 3.5 mm jack.
The OS is Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

.I re-installed the OS and audio drivers but the issue is not resolved.

I request you to help me resolve the issue.

Regards

P.Mastan Vali

Hi,

Based from the forums I'ved read about this issue is that laptop isn't really the best device to use for 2.1 or more speakers. It soul purpose is to play 2.0 sounds and if you would really want to get it to work with 2.1 you'll need to get a USB sound card that could amplify bass as well.

Please do refer to this thread.
http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-1780869/connecting-subwoofer-laptop.html
http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-2199894/laptop-recognize-subwoofer-speakers.html

ien2222

Distinguished
I think in this case the OP is referring to a 2.1 where the sub doesn't have a separate connection, in which case it'll have just a single 3.5mm that can be plugged into whatever.

@OP: If the sub does work fine with other devices, then it could be a setting that's wrong inside windows. Make sure that it's running as 2.0 instead of 2.1. Though you have a separate powered sub, it's really still part of the L/R and needs to be run like that.

pmvali

Honorable
Apr 16, 2012

pmvali

Honorable
Apr 16, 2012
I have HP Pavilian Sleekbook. Recently, I faced the same problem. There is no response from the Subwoofer ( Creative 2.1). Thinking that the sub-woofer is gone, I purchased a Philips MMS 6060/94f (2.1). The problem remained.There is no sound from Sub-woofer. Then I reviewed the audio drivers. An audio driver downloaded from HP Support site is causing the whole problem. I tried uninstalling the driver and without any audio driver supplied by the manufacturer, my 2.1 audio is working fine. I tried once again with Creative 2.1 speakers without audio drivers. This 2.1 system is also working flawlessly. I wasted Rs.3,500/- on new Philips multimedia speakers.
All the PCs main boards, whether Desktops or Laptops, generally, do have on-board sound cards. Only Desktops of 90s are required sound cards or sound blasters to be added. Now the main boards have basic Graphich and audio cards.

AmartyaRay

Estimable
Jan 31, 2016

Hi, I have the same problem. Please could you provide information on identifying and removing the proble-causing sound drivers. Thanks.