No sound. Speakers. AUX. PC.

ranefjord_david

Prominent
Jan 24, 2018
Hi. I have a Heos 1 speaker connected to my PC (Windows 7) via an aux-cable.

The speakers are just a few weeks old. I've been treating them well (I live alone) and they were working perfectly until the other day when I turned on my PC and couldn't get any sound.

I tried everything in the list below without any luck. Finally, I unplugged the AUX cable from the speaker while it was on and plugged it back in. Now there's sound but along with a loud electrical buzz. I will replace this speaker now, but does anyone know what's going on and how to fix it?

LIST:
0 Check all cables/ports/connections, mute buttons and volumes (volume mixer, playback devices, on speaker) and test other speakers (other speakers work fine).
1 Restart PC
2 Disable and enable speaker (playback devices)
3 Switch from non-default to default
4 Update drivers
5 Plug in and out of audio jack on PC
6 Plug in and out of wall outlet
7 Plug out from PC and wall, plug in
8 Plug out from PC and wall, restart and plug in
9 Enable and disable drivers

Solution
You could buy one of those USB sound cards. Some of them are quite cheap (10$) and work surprisingly well.

We had similar issues with an Alienware X51's sound card and plugs. Now with a USB sound card no static, no pops, no problem.

Good luck!

br00n0

Estimable
Nov 18, 2015
You could buy one of those USB sound cards. Some of them are quite cheap (10$) and work surprisingly well.

We had similar issues with an Alienware X51's sound card and plugs. Now with a USB sound card no static, no pops, no problem.

Good luck!

Solution