No sound when connecting Acer Aspire to TV

sallyM

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011
Hello,I'm using an HDMI connection and can get sound from the computer and and excellent picture but no sound from the TV speaker. Is this a problem with the TV or the computer? What do I need to do?

sallyM

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011
Hi Wolf That makes sense but I don't know how to check the audio default. I have tried looking on control panel (sounds) and a search on help but no can do. More info, please if you will. regards

What operating system are you running? Manage Audio Devices should be listed in Control Panel. Once that's up, it should be just a matter of selecting the HDMI audio output and clicking "Set As Default".

If you can give me more details specifications (make/model #) of your Acer system, I may be able to help more.

-Wolf sends

sallyM

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011
Hi Wolf It isn't obvious when I open up control panel. I'm using windows 7 and an Acer Aspire 5742Z Regards.

This *may* only work if the HDMI cable is currently connected to your HDTV and the HDMI port is enabled (you have your desktop on the HDTV).

Running Windows 7, it should be just a matter of clicking the Start button. In the search window, type (without quotes), "Manage Audio Devices". This should give you a number of options. Click the option, "Manage Audio Devices".

This should bring up the "Sound" window. If the "Playback" tab is not the current tab, click it. This should list all available sound devices installed on your laptop. One of these options should say something like "Digital Audio/HDMI". Select this option and click the "Set Default" button.

If you have any troubles beyond this or the instructions don't seem to match what comes up on your screen, let me know.

-Wolf sends

sallyM

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011
Hi Wolf PERFECT!!!! I hadn't connected the HDMI cable when I went into the Manage Audio Options. You are a star!!! Regards

3woodmill

Honorable
Sep 16, 2012

I had this probelm for ages. Then my friend told me the prblem has nothing to do with the audio drivers. You have to update your video drivers! He done this problem solvd in 10 minutes.