Question No speaker or headphones are plugged in

May 9, 2019
Hi there, my device is sony vaio Windows i5 laptop .. there is no audio, I can see ‘X’ mark on the audio icon.

I can’t see Enable or Disable options in BIOS.

I have also tried in device manager and tried to update to new version. Still can’t see any progress.

I also installed Realtek HD audio manager.
I have tried as many ways as I could.

I have also tried in playback devices, no speaker is found there which was there before this problem

Looking forward to hear from you.

hang-the-9

Titan
Start from the beginning, did this ever work? If it did work, what happened before it stopped working? You said you tried in device manager, does the audio device show up there with no errors? Did you check for drivers from Sony's support site?

May 9, 2019
My laptop's internal speaker was working fine a few days before. But suddenly a cross mark came on the audio icon.

In device manager my speakers are not getting recognised by my laptop.
All the related drivers are missing.
I checked sony's website and downloaded the audio driver they provided but it was of no use. I installed it but no improvement was seen.

I even tried installing sigmatel high definition audio codec but it ended up saying error device object not present.

I think laptop is not recognizing my internal hardware.

Please get me out of this.
Thanks in advance!

hang-the-9

Titan
My laptop's internal speaker was working fine a few days before. But suddenly a cross mark came on the audio icon.

In device manager my speakers are not getting recognised by my laptop.
All the related drivers are missing.
I checked sony's website and downloaded the audio driver they provided but it was of no use. I installed it but no improvement was seen.

I even tried installing sigmatel high definition audio codec but it ended up saying error device object not present.

I think laptop is not recognizing my internal hardware.

Please get me out of this.
Thanks in advance!
Is the audio device seen in Device Manager? Not the speakers, the actual audio hardware. If it's not in there then you may need to get a USB sound card.

May 9, 2019
Thanks bro for your support...
But I don't know how but it suddenly detected my speakers and they are working now.
My problem has been sorted yesterday automatically when I started my windows.
My aero theme was missing but sound was there. I made certain changes to make my theme come back and then everything is sorted now.

Thank you for your help!!
Please close this thread if you want.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Laptop Tech Support 3
T Laptop Tech Support 1
G Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
Z Laptop Tech Support 3
C Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 5