Solved! No way to use Element TV manually? (model E4SFT5017)

Feb 1, 2019
Hey everyone,

I recently purchased a new Element TV - 50" 4K LED Smart (model # E4SFT5017), and the remote I received with the package was defective. They have agreed to send me a replacement remote, but while waiting for it to arrive I have been trying to use the TV manually and it seems I simply can't use it without the remote.

There are no source/input buttons that I can find on the TV panel. We only have the options to power on/off, change volume, and change channel. My customer service rep assured me that I have a source button, but I swear we do not. It's so frustrating because I can't even connect a game console to use streaming options on the TV because I can't switch the input to HDMI without a remote.

Does anyone else have this model? Am I just overlooking the buttons or are there really no options to use this thing manually? The TV manual doesn't include a diagram to find any buttons that may not be near the circular power button/panel.

I don't have cable and purchased this smart TV solely to use the streaming capabilities, so manually changing the channel buttons does nothing but produce more white noise.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Feb 1, 2019

Thanks for the response! I'm a bit disappointed - it seems crazy to me that they wouldn't include basic buttons, but I guess it's been a while since I bought a new tv lol.

thanks!