No WebOS 2.0 for Old Pre, Pixi and Plus Devices

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I really think they made a huge mistake by not updating the previous models. There could have been at least the 2.0 update for those devices to fix issues, and implement flash playback (that was showed working before the original Pre launched.) Now, they expect their most loyal customers to wait (once again) for 'Something special'. My guess is that will probably be another disappointment.

hmohniii

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2010
[citation][nom]sactodd[/nom]I really think they made a huge mistake by not updating the previous models. There could have been at least the 2.0 update for those devices to fix issues, and implement flash playback (that was showed working before the original Pre launched.) Now, they expect their most loyal customers to wait (once again) for 'Something special'. My guess is that will probably be another disappointment.[/citation]

I agree with sactodd... HP/Palm is too little too late. I loved my original Palm Pre, but the lack of flash and apps that I actually wanted killed it for me. I love my HTC Evo a lot more, although I do miss the "card" concept that the WebOS had to switch between apps. At least I don't have to wait to be just disappointed yet again by Palm.

mikem_90

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
[citation][nom]Belardo[/nom]Why offer updates when they can sell you a whole new device?[/citation]

Bingo. That's the whole idea around many smart phones. Its only Google and their android platform that is pushing many to upgrade some phones to newer versions of the OS.

There is little else to make the carrier support a handset that is more than 2 years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS