No Wireless on MSI laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

juggleboy

Commendable
Jan 13, 2017
MSI GP62 6QF Leopard pro GTX 960M Killer Ethernet E2400

I have access through the ethernet cable, even though it says in settings under Ethernet "No Ethernet"

When I unplug the ethernet cable and try the wireless status it says I'm not connected to any networks. Airplane mode is turned off. When I click on show available networks the status box on the right of the toolbar only shows airplane mode, which is turned off.
I've uninstalled and reinstalled the wireless driver.
I've tried unchecking and rechecking the IPv4 and IPv6 boxes. They both show not connected.
When I press the Troubleshoot button, Windows Network Diagnostics tries a Networking reset and reboot, which does nothing.

When I first turn on the computer, and before I type in my password, available networks show up on the log in screen. If I then click on a wireless network and enter the password it won’t connect.
After I log in I cannot see available networks again.

Under Change Settings, Configure, Power management:
“Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power” I’ve tried checked and unchecked.

In View your network properties it says Status: Not Operational

In network connections I right clicked on wifi and tried to delete but it’s grayed out.

I have no idea what to do now. Help? Thanks!

juggleboy

Commendable
Jan 13, 2017
I managed to uninstall the last windows 10 update and the problems with email and settings screen disappearing are resolved. My laptop connects wirelessly and with an ethernet cable to my router and the internet, but will not show me available networks any where. I'm not sure how to connect to other networks when travelling other than with the cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.