Solved! Noise in the headphones jack!

andrewKode

Prominent
Mar 15, 2017
Hello, I have a laptop Lenovo Z510. It's not new and definetly not on warranty anymore. So one day I've noticed there is a bad sound coming from my jack and I opened my laptop to try to figure out what's wrong. The sound sounded like mono, without bass, no voice in songs. So there was a small pin in the jack not making a good connection. I put my laptop case back and now I have other problem: NOISE.
There is a constant noise coming from the jack which remains unchanged no matter what volume level is and when I'm scrolling or doing something on the display other small sound gets added to that. It's somehow annoying... any ideas whats causing it? Maybe some bad grounding?
Thanks!

Solution
just to make a test put a piece of electrical tape on this connector and put it back then check sound . also always work in system power off .
that´s pretty normal for Laptops, it´s a pyhsical thing, "ground loop".

you can try to install a newer version of the audio driver and update the BIOS.
But I don´t think you can do something against it but buying an external USB sound card or an USB headphone

Another power supply could help too

andrewKode

Prominent
Mar 15, 2017

Yes, every thing connected to the jack works like that.
So the noise becomes weaker when I unplug the AC andit becomes stronger when Im scrolling or stuff like that. Maybe I should replace the little board because its separated by the motherboard anyway. It all started when I opened the case and bent that pin inside so it could touch the jack when plugged in. I dont remember hearing a noise before that, only a bad sound described abose, no noise.

andrewKode

Prominent
Mar 15, 2017

Sure, this one: https://ibb.co/iNe9yv
But I did a mistake, to figure out what pin is the problem I tried to repair the laptop while it was turned on, but I DID NOT touch the motherboard, only the little one on the edges. I also touched the two pin holes from the back, but I didn't bend them, only that one.

andrewKode

Prominent
Mar 15, 2017

If I do that then it will just work like before.