Question Recording from mixer to Audacity via headphone jack

Mar 20, 2022
Hi, I am trying to record stuff from my Pioneer DJM-600 to laptop through Audacity via headphone jack. I don't have mic jack on my laptop just headphones. I have all the proper connectors, RCA to TRS to TRRS. Output is coming from Record Out on the mixer. Whenever I try to record something it only records internal mic noise but nothing from the mixer. Is there a way to make it record through headphones input or I need external soundcard? Thank

hang-the-9

Titan
If it's a headphone jack only, not a combo one, then no you can't record from it. If it's a combo 4 pole one, the TRRS connection, then you will need an adapter that has the mic connectors on it to run off a 4 pole connector. Did you check Windows settings to see if you can swap the recording device to the jack and not the laptop mic?

Mar 20, 2022
If it's a headphone jack only, not a combo one, then no you can't record from it. If it's a combo 4 pole one, the TRRS connection, then you will need an adapter that has the mic connectors on it to run off a 4 pole connector. Did you check Windows settings to see if you can swap the recording device to the jack and not the laptop mic?

Like I said I have all the proper connectors and the recording input works with headphones with built-in mic. I tried every possible settings and still nothing. I gave up and ordered USB interface. I'm not sure if that is the issue but Windows may not process analog signal anymore.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Gal202 Audio 1
G Audio 1
rihan65 Audio 1
H Audio 1
J Audio 0
SenDara Audio 1
Jesse Blayney Audio 1
M Audio 3
S Audio 5
WheelhouseMouse Audio 6
J Audio 1