Question Recording from mixer to Audacity via headphone jack

Mar 20, 2022
Hi, I am trying to record stuff from my Pioneer DJM-600 to laptop through Audacity via headphone jack. I don't have mic jack on my laptop just headphones. I have all the proper connectors, RCA to TRS to TRRS. Output is coming from Record Out on the mixer. Whenever I try to record something it only records internal mic noise but nothing from the mixer. Is there a way to make it record through headphones input or I need external soundcard? Thank

If it's a headphone jack only, not a combo one, then no you can't record from it. If it's a combo 4 pole one, the TRRS connection, then you will need an adapter that has the mic connectors on it to run off a 4 pole connector. Did you check Windows settings to see if you can swap the recording device to the jack and not the laptop mic?

Mar 20, 2022
If it's a headphone jack only, not a combo one, then no you can't record from it. If it's a combo 4 pole one, the TRRS connection, then you will need an adapter that has the mic connectors on it to run off a 4 pole connector. Did you check Windows settings to see if you can swap the recording device to the jack and not the laptop mic?

Like I said I have all the proper connectors and the recording input works with headphones with built-in mic. I tried every possible settings and still nothing. I gave up and ordered USB interface. I'm not sure if that is the issue but Windows may not process analog signal anymore.