Nokia Launches N8 With a Cinema Screen Stunt

Status
Not open for further replies.

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
was just checking this phone out on some other hardware sites, and tbh, the specs of it are not all that impressive... and then it's price tag is much higher than that of most decent andriod phones, and then this doesnt even have android....

quite dissapointed already

welshmousepk

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
Someone from Nokia PR is being paid to come here and thumb down negative comments.

Seriosuly, Nokia no longer matters. with Apple and Android dominating the market, Nokia no longer matters. until they seriously catch up, no one is gonna care.

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
[citation][nom]Funneh[/nom]You apple fanboys are weird.[/citation]
DUDE, we are not apple fanbois. I for one am probably the biggest apple hater on the planet! I am just critical about my gadgets! Im pretty sure none of those comments come from apple fanbois, and you, are not funneh!

and whats with all the downthumbing?

sharpless78

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2010
[citation][nom]welshmousepk[/nom]Does anyone care about Nokia anymore?...[/citation]

Yes, but I'm waiting for them to release their N9.

guzz46

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2010
12mp camera with Xenon flash, 720p video recording, 720p TV-out via HDMI and composite, Dolby Digital Plus surround sound when played through HDMI & a home theatre, FM transmitter, USB plug & play, pretty good specs by any standards.

And apple & android aren't dominating the market, in america maybe but not globally, Nokia's global device market share is estimated to be between 33% & 41%

alyoshka

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
[citation][nom]welshmousepk[/nom]Does anyone care about Nokia anymore?...[/citation]
Certainly..........
Direct Quote.... "Nokia, still the world's largest phone maker, has launched its new Symbian^3 super device that will go up against the iPhones and Androids in its segment." Huva Vittoo.... :)

SchizoFrog

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
I've been waiting for this to launch since it was first announced. The main decider for me will be the OS and support which will not really be put to the test until a couple of weeks the devices are actually launched.

With a less than 1Ghz processor it may well not be as snappy as some others but as long as it is not sluggish I won't mind as this will lead to a much longer battery life.

As for those complaining about price. The N8 16GB version is £419.99 for the off contract phone. Now compare that to the iPhone 4 16GB version and it's £549.99 price tag.

Yes there ahs been a lot of developement with Andriod and such but to me, so far the recent competition has seemed a little stale. I'm hoping that Nokia and it's new open source Symbian^3 OS will bring new life back to this market.

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]schizofrog[/nom]I've been waiting for this to launch since it was first announced. The main decider for me will be the OS and support which will not really be put to the test until a couple of weeks the devices are actually launched.With a less than 1Ghz processor it may well not be as snappy as some others but as long as it is not sluggish I won't mind as this will lead to a much longer battery life. As for those complaining about price. The N8 16GB version is £419.99 for the off contract phone. Now compare that to the iPhone 4 16GB version and it's £549.99 price tag.Yes there ahs been a lot of developement with Andriod and such but to me, so far the recent competition has seemed a little stale. I'm hoping that Nokia and it's new open source Symbian^3 OS will bring new life back to this market.[/citation]
The problem isn't just in the clock speed of the CPU. The cpu is based on an "old" architecture. The CPU is an ARM11 when it should have been a Cortex. I dislike Apple, but buying the Iphone 4 is a better deal that this phone, it has a faster CPU/GPU and a much better screen. The only good thing in the N8 is the camera.

Tamz_msc

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
Nokia may be lagging behind in the high end smartphone market, but globally it still rules the entry-level and mid-range categories, and appeals to people who want a budget, straightforward and no fuss smartphone.

Sardaukarz

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2006
If the OS is as crappy as it is for the N97 witch bugs all the time, well I maintain my postion : the N97 was the last Nokia phone I buy in a while...
Looking for an Android powered device...

culgor

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2009
[citation][nom]welshmousepk[/nom]Someone from Nokia PR is being paid to come here and thumb down negative comments.Seriosuly, Nokia no longer matters. with Apple and Android dominating the market, Nokia no longer matters. until they seriously catch up, no one is gonna care.[/citation]

Your comments are being thumbed down because they lack any useful information. More vendors, creating more smart phones, means more competition for our smart phone dollars. More competition means we all get better products.

Status
Not open for further replies.