Nokia Says That Young People Are Bored of the iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

de5_Roy

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011
reality says people are bored with symbian and nokia. that's why nokia is struggling right now.
good luck with windows phone 7.5 and the rest.

r4chis

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2011
I'd like to know where Nokia gets their intel. And I'm even more interested in how they find purchasing a new Android OS phone is so confusing. You get on the internet and research then go to the store. Not that hard. They make it sound like it's brain surgery to purchase/operate a phone.

chiefbox

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2011
It has an MS OS right !! ... No way in hell. That's what MS said about tablets, they want to be different, since they also missed the boat just like Nokia and RIM. It's better than saying "we lack vision" !!

DjEaZy

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2008
Nokia Says, That Young People Are Bored of the iPhone... They Think, That The Frustration With Nokia Is More Interesting And Entertaining...

billybobser

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
I'm bored that despite having this 'computer in my phone, the call quality is still the same as the 1950's

Personally, I feel I would much prefer a phone that has vastly better call quality, a decent messenger service that works with others, an ok camera for the odd moment of need, and battery life to last a full day of use.

I don't give a damn how well angry birds loads, or how moving my phone over content then reveals 'augemented reality' advertisements.

G

The Nokia looks nice but my Galaxy Nexus is so ridiculously good theres no way I would take the risk of trying out Windows Phone.

ananthu123

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2011
Not really, but we *are* bored with symbian... You guys could've shifted to android, and survived the humiliation, maybe still on top of the market...

officeguy

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2009
Nokia says young people want something different that sets them apart from the crowd of iPhones and complicated Android devices.
Yep, I am certain that is true. Oh wait, don't forget that when the iPhone 4 or 4s came out that "young people" waited days for this. I guess whatever it take to plant the seed. Good luck Nokia, I still won't buy from you!!

ettibebs

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
Android is complicated only if your stupid. I find it no harder to handle then the iphone and I am free of the curse that is iTune.

zybch

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
Gee, a LOT of nokia haters here. Ignorant haters gotta hate I guess.
However, I think nokia are correct for the most part.
All of the under 25s I know are dropping the iPhone like crazy and generally switching to Samsung galaxy phones. Its pretty rare that I see any 'young' person with a fruity phone any more, but its equally rare that any of them have any knowledge of the windows phone 7 handsets either.
Androis IS hard to use when you get down to it. Its just that the vast majority of people barely scratch the surface of what their phones can do, and so never get into the annoyances of android's GUI and hit the many issues that fragmentation of the platform has led to. Most use 3 or 4 apps and thats about it.

Its always amusing when they see my HTC Titan with its large screen and slick UI and think that its an android phone simply because its obviously not an apple PoS.

I know many people with Samsung Focuses and HTC HD7 windows phones, but they're mostly in the 40+ age range.

cyprod

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2006
I like my droid X, but really, I have a zune hd, and that thing is fricken incredible. I really wish they hadn't killed off that line. Knowing windows phone 7 is descended from the zune hd, I'd consider one if they have any decent ones available when I'm available for upgrade.

Really, all these people who say nokia and windows phone 7 suck, the comments sound as if they're baseless, no reason given why they suck other than they're nokia and microsoft, and if that's the case, should really venture out into the world and get some new experiences. You might be shocked to find that there's good stuff outside of your rut. I think the nokia phones look rather sharp.

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
Oh yeah... right. And where did Nokia get this marketing data to make such a stupid statement?

Who else here sees people standing in line to upgrade a phone? Don't get us wrong Nokia, your new phones look nice and different, welcome to the party - whenever you get here, but until you have the sales numbers and data say what people want, keep your mouth shut or you may sound like an idiot on TV.

Yuka

Distinguished
May 3, 2007
Nokia is about right there. But it's not particular to Android and/or iOS; it's a general right statement IMO.

Common folks just download/want the facebook app, set the alarm and make calls. A somewhat more advanced user could check his/her email, use the calendar, maybe download/play a game or two and surf the web. The true minority will want to tweak, use tethering over wifi and get more specific apps for "advanced" use (I like the one that controls your mouse and keyboard over the wifi).

The OS that makes those things easier for the common folk is gonna get the bigger piece of the pie in the long run. I'm so very sure of that. Hardware is on second or even third place here.

Nokia has a long track of making balanced interfaces for using the phone focusing on practicality. Just take a look at their "dumbphones". They're quite advanced even though they offer limited functionality. So far, the best phones I've had have been Nokia... Hell, I even have my CDMA 5120 gen1 lil-brick phone!

Cheers!

EightyFour

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
Windows 7 can still work for phones, win 7 machines communicate beatifully,.. stream a movie on your phone from your laptop/desktop?

the real smash here is going to be win 8, if they do this one right... it's a gamechanger, expand on all the things late and great in win 7 and optimize it for tablets and phones also?

sounds like a win to me..

Status
Not open for further replies.