hammertoe007

Honorable
Dec 21, 2012
My yamaha rx-v371 has audio out jacks that convey signals from all sources except my pc. I wish to add additional speakers, as there are only speaker connections for 5.1 to stream Spotify. How can this be accomplished without buying another receiver?

Audio out jacks will not receive signal from the PC.
You have to use TAPE IN and turn the tape monitor switch ON.
or AUX input jacks.
The AUDIO OUT jacks from the receiver connect to (the inputs of) a separate power amp. The power amp drives more speakers.
OR the audio out can be connected to powered speakers directly...

hammertoe007

Honorable
Dec 21, 2012
I understand your answer and I was not clear in my question. The audio out jacks do not output any signals from the PC which is connected via hdmi to the Yamaha. I currently use this for all audio from my PC, mosly Spotify and Youtube. I wish to connect additional amp via the yamaha audio out jacks to allow for up to four more speakers. The Yamaha does not have any A and B option. (rx-V37l) However when I am playing another source, i.e. tuner, tv (tv also via avr--hdmi--tv there IS sound available from the audio outs connected to an old Pioneer AUX jacks. Therefore I called Yamaha for help and all they said was that those jacks do not put out audio from a PC". Now--I am just trying to get Spotify from the AVR to the old Pioneer 2 channel amp, and thought someone here could advise me on something else to try, or will I have to buy one of those internet add ons such as WD Live tv, or Boxee to accomplish this? I would also like to know if there is any product on the market anyone could recommend that would adapt this AVR receiver for wi-fi? Maybe I have discovered why this receiver, which has really good sound, was surprisingly economical. Thanks soundguruman and others.