Norwegians Mistake Russian Missile for UFO

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HalJordan

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
A Canadian Goose can run Crysis...the real question is where do you connect your monitor. It ain't Display Port, I'll tell you that.

G

Regardless of what it was, it's still a cool site to see. You'd think someone would have to use photoshop to get an effect such as that. :)

G

No UFO. What is bothering me is the fact how quickly was this event explained in the media...
First of all, I am no weapons expert, but what kind of weaponry can create such an effect so high in the athmosphere (apparently it was one of the later-stage flight engines). This looks too spectacular.
Secondly, if someone else threw a missile like this into the air, the whole world would be in panic... but here it is used as a calming explanation...

Why do I have a feeling that this smells like a really lousy and rushed cover-up where noone is actually questioning the explanation that was used for the cover-up...

But then again, why are we discussing this on an IT-enthusiast website?

G

Russia is secretly testing nukes! :-o
Let's get the conspiracy theories running!

Computer_Lots

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2007
Next headline...
Russians capture alien spacecraft after fake cover story about a malfunctioning rocket.

Russians attack the U.S. with their newfound alien technology.

G

U.S. counters with secret beam ray technology discovered in New Mexico in the 1950s.

Galaxy War 1 Begins...

G

[citation][nom]Computer_Lots[/nom]Next headline...Russians capture alien spacecraft after fake cover story about a malfunctioning rocket.Russians attack the U.S. with their newfound alien technology.[/citation]

U.S. counters with Beam Ray Saucer Ships found in the 1950s in a crash landing outside New Mexico.

Galaxy War 1 begins...

starhoof

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2008
Bulova missiles are still in experimental stage, so they have tendency to fail a lot, about half of their launches were unsuccessful so far.

starhoof

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2008
[citation][nom]NegativeX[/nom]I'm more curious why Russia is firing/testing ICBM's from their subs.[/citation]

because weapon is always getting modernized, remember what happened during desert storm ? Old Iraqi equipment faced modern coalition forces... makes sense ? same thing with nuclear weapons

FoShizzleDizzle

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
Of course the government(s) *wants you to think it's a missile*. Can't believe how many people are actually buying that. I'd believe people saying they saw aliens before I believe the government is telling us the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
[citation][nom]gamerjames[/nom]"but can it run Crysis" seriously needs a censor.[/citation]

they haven't made a censor for it yet becuase , they can't get the censor to run crysis yet :p

omnimodis78

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
[citation][nom]ProDigit80[/nom]Russia is secretly testing nukes! :-oLet's get the conspiracy theories running![/citation]
It's not a secret, nor is it a rumor. The Soviet Union was tame compared to the current curroption, human rights vilations and brutal organized crimes in Russia, all of which involves nuclear and biological weapons, murders of journalists, professors, inspectors, etc. That criminal Putin is the emperor there, and he does so with the most unreal brutality. It's a testament to the passive ignorance of the World that this isn't being reported more. Sorry, I digress...

Status
Not open for further replies.