Not able to play online games on wifi

Status
Not open for further replies.

albertayushwesker

Commendable
Jun 30, 2016
I am currently playing The Division but it doesn't connect to online services even when speed is more than 1 mbps while I can do absolutely anything from browser. I can download,surf,stream anything butthe game dosen't simply connect. I am using uplay client. Evem uplay shows that I am online but it doesn't affect anything. This is not just problem with The Division. Other games also don't run. While when I use my cellular data whose speed is around 120-180kbps the game connects fine(although it lags).
I am using campus wifi so I don't have access to router so I can't unblock the ports, if any. I have read many forums and they say to check ports and unblock from firewall but that too doesn't work. Tell me what to do.
Also can using proxies like hotspot shield can do any good?
My specs are
Win 10, i7 4510U,8GB and everything updated.
(same problem with steam client too). Please help me.

Solution
You are SOL, your campus does not want you to play games, they blocked the ports so you can't do anything about it. Seems like the Router doesn't allow for ports to be open freely. They locked it down so people don't hosts servers or torrents.

iamacow

Estimable
Feb 11, 2015
You are SOL, your campus does not want you to play games, they blocked the ports so you can't do anything about it. Seems like the Router doesn't allow for ports to be open freely. They locked it down so people don't hosts servers or torrents.

Solution

albertayushwesker

Commendable
Jun 30, 2016

But isn't there anything I can do about this? No proxies gonna work because torrent is blocked here but still it can be accessed using hotspot shield so can't that go for gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.