Not exactly sure where on the forums this needs to go but. help is needed if you have the time <3 (zenfone 2)

AndroidObsession

Commendable
Feb 10, 2016
ok so ive had a zenfone 2 55ml for about a year... maybe almost a year and a half...

4gb ram
64gb with 125gb sd card the whole shabang

well after almost a year i started having problems.. most likely my fault but ill get to that in a sec.
phones great... when it wants to work but about 6 months after i got it and used the 1 click root bat to root it, i forgot we were supposed to run the second bat in it to unroot it and instead i went into su and did a full unroot... foolish i was as i am pretty sure i semi bricked my phone now.

i have not been able to successfully update the system since then. I tried re rooting which it will re root just fine (says root checker) but if i try and run the bat that removes it now. it will not actually fix the files and correctly remove it so anytime i try and do the system updates now, the android dies during update and gives an error...

i have tried the suggestions to do a full wipe and the files were still broken i think cause even after the system update attempt when i completely removed everything.... still gave a dead android, i even went as far as trying to delete the update partition files... could never figure that out though,
so someone had suggested simply flashing a new rom... problem is, as much as i have learned about technology... flashing is not my fortay and even if i knew how~ problem is i dont know which rom i should get as far as compatibility, bloatless, or just clean to the brim. with apps over all... i am a gaming freak so i am constantly looking for new games to try... of course some being impossible for me to open at all and im assuming this is cause my phones not completely updated :(

so i ask you, members of this forum for some asssitance in fixing this issue as more and more games are starting to not work correctly

examples:
final fantasy all the bravest:game launches, then closes
final fantasy brave exvius: worked till two weeks ago: now sits at a black screen when i start it
monster squad: game gets to update portion, and even after uninstalling and re adding... error

im also not sure if this is normal or if its because im maybe missing so many fixes that my ram drops to 433 often leaving me to constantly clean the ram out.

all help is appreciated.. pretty sure i screwed myself so should be my problem but maybe someone will help me <3 thank you for reading

ASUS has some files on their support site, that may help you install the original operating system on it. https://www.asus.com/Phone/ZenFone_2_ZE551ML/HelpDesk_Download/

It has firmware downloads there. Aside from that you may want to contact ASUS support although with the phone being rooted, that pretty much invalidates the warranty.

AndroidObsession

Commendable
Feb 10, 2016
yea ive tried getting just the firmware and installing it but it still had the same issue... since this has not gotten a reply as far as flashing ill have to go looking around or asking somewhere else... ty for the suggestion tho hang