Not turning on

Gosuke_theLegend

Estimable
Jan 27, 2016
MY ASUS Q502L won't turn on it was fine this morning ...but as I was looking for my charger it turned off due to low battery ..when I plugged in thr charger the light didn't turn on and it wouldn't turn on. The only thing that turns on is a little white led with a light bulb symbol. I dunno what to do ...I went to work and when I got back I tried turning it on ...it did but only for like a minute thru turned off again. PLEASE HELP

It's an asus Q502l

I tried everything except taking out the battery ..because I don't know where it is.

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that I've suggested to others who had the same problem.
- Do a hard reset first, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then boot it back up and see if it will load normally.
- Next is to test the AC adapter if it's supplying enough voltage or try another AC adapter that has the same voltage.
- Also do connect your laptop onto an external monitor and see if you'll get any display from it because if you the problem may lie in display itself.
- If all these will not work do reseat the RAM, remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure everything is seated properly into each slot.
- And again if all these will not work the problem would be in the motherboard.

Gosuke_theLegend

Estimable
Jan 27, 2016
Laptop_Nerd ok I opened my panel found the big huge battery took it out did everything you said and it didn't work. After that I tested the ac adapter it works fine as it works on another computer. In the end o removed the ram and waited about 3 or 4 minutes and but it back making sure it's seated properly but still nothing . So if it's my mother board how would I know it's that? ...I did however get to turn it on only for a few minutes before I did all this . But it had 0%battery it was literally dead I don't know how it was on but it was. I got excited bit then I saw the orange/red charging light blinking nonstop ...so I assumed it ment I needed to charge it. When I plugged it in ...it didn't show it was charging. .just kept blinking. ..so I decide to shutdown and try again ...but that's the last time I was able to turn it on again. Now I'm back to the same problem blinking white light when I try to power on...I don't know what else to try please help