Notebook Keyboard And touchpad not working

Jul 14, 2018
My Notebook's Keyboard is not working properly. even in bios.. but if i open onscreen-Keyboard it starts working!.. the touchpad also malfunctions the same way . external mouse and keyboard behaves the same way.

Solution
If they aren't working in BIOS even, I would think it is the keyboard and touchpad themselves that are the issue.

Try turning off the laptop (not hibernate or sleep, but off) and then attach an external keyboard and mouse. Turn the laptop back on and see if things work using those.

If they do work fine, then you need to replace the attached keyboard and touchpad. If, however, they doing work either, then it may be a motherboard issue.
If they aren't working in BIOS even, I would think it is the keyboard and touchpad themselves that are the issue.

Try turning off the laptop (not hibernate or sleep, but off) and then attach an external keyboard and mouse. Turn the laptop back on and see if things work using those.

If they do work fine, then you need to replace the attached keyboard and touchpad. If, however, they doing work either, then it may be a motherboard issue.

Solution