May 8, 2015
Guys, I wanted to upgrade my Notebook PC's CPU and GPU.
Can you please check whether it is possible.
------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 1/30/2016, 15:44:11
Machine name: NAVEEN
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 10586) (10586.th2_release.160104-1513)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M 330 @ 2.13GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.1GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8182MB RAM
Page File: 3337MB used

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce G105M
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce G105M
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Type: Full Device
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A68&SUBSYS_3659103C&REV_A2
Display Memory: 4043 MB
Dedicated Memory: 459 MB
Shared Memory: 3583 MB
Current Mode: 1366 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: unknown

Solution
G
You can't upgrade a laptops graphics card, regardless of its model. It is (theoretically) possible to upgrade a laptops CPU, but very often the systems BIOS refuses to boot with any other CPU the system is meant for. I honestly hate saying it, but it's at the time for a new laptop, dude :/
G

You can't upgrade a laptops graphics card, regardless of its model. It is (theoretically) possible to upgrade a laptops CPU, but very often the systems BIOS refuses to boot with any other CPU the system is meant for. I honestly hate saying it, but it's at the time for a new laptop, dude :/

Solution
G

I didnt unterstand a word you just said. As I've said before, you CANNOT SWAP, UPGRADE OR IN ANY MEANS REPLACE A LAPTOPS GRAPHICS CARD!

G

That's more expensive than buying a New laptop. Also, the New GPU is unlikely to be supported, so scrap that.

The chances of that working properly are very very low. Just removing a chip and gluing another on in place does not show much. The chances of someone doing it that had to ask on here if he can change the parts in a laptop without knowing how to research it themselves is 0. This is not at all a good thing to do or even try unless you are OK with destroying the laptop in the process of upgrading it.

G

I couldn't agree more