Number keys, symbols on top row of Lenovo Z 70-80 not working, on 5 and 6 work; also 0 and 2 on numerical pad not working eit

GCTGMRM

Commendable
May 19, 2016
I have this Lenovo less than one year. the problem happened suddenly when I was working on a manuscript and tried to use the symbols (), which right now can only bedone using the on screen key board. I was not doing anything on lineat the time either.

Is this a software or ahardware issue?

Hi,

Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help in identifying the issue.
- Start by uninstalling/reinstalling the keyboard driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the keyboard driver.
- Reboot the laptop once uninstalled, and it should reinstall the driver automatically.
- After the reboot, do test it again and see if the same problem will persist or not.
- Next to try is to check if the keyboard layout is set correctly.
- And lastly, do connect an external USB keyboard and see if it will work normally.
- If it does work normally, that means it's the keyboard that is faulty.

Here's a replacement keyboard for your laptop:
http://www.amazon.com/Laptop-replacement-keyboard-Lenovo-Z70-80/dp/B00Y1VNU1K

GCTGMRM

Commendable
May 19, 2016

GCTGMRM

Commendable
May 19, 2016
Thank you. I went though all the steps. Conclusion: it is a keyboard problem. So now I have to find ways to replace it. Since somebody else last year had the same problem, with the same Lenovo brand , although a slightly different model, also less than than a year,old, I think there may be something "fishy" -- a lemon type of a product -- about the quality of Lenovo keyboard