Nvidia 940MX graphics card for non gamers?

wellnalive2

Commendable
Jun 25, 2016
I am not knowledgeable about this so thought Id see if anyone had any advice..I recently bought a HP 15-ay011nr laptop that malfunctioned the second day I used it, I was told it was a faulty Nvidia graphics card that heated up in the HP laptop too easily.and was a problem HP has had in the past.with its laptops. ..lam looking to purchase another laptop (an Acer Aspire E15 E5 575G-53VG, and it has a Nvidia 940MX graphics card. Is this a descent graphics card ? I am assuming if I change from HP to Acer the Nvidia card may work fine, but Im not sure..If anyone has any feedback Id certainly appreciate it!. Thank you .

Solution
940m is fine for use, even for lower range gaming. The issue is that you are swapping brands to get more reliability, and Acer is in the lower half there. Lenovo, ASUS, Dell are the top 3 you want to look at for reasonable price.

Kenneth1987

Commendable
Feb 25, 2016
940m is fine, yet if you want to run the game smoothly with high-setting, I would recommend the mainstream GTX970m. You can look at some great gaming brand such as MSI or Alienware. Just pick website for you in below. I assume that you are buying laptop in the US. http://www.gentechpc.com/

Plumboby

Commendable
Apr 18, 2016
for gaming the mx cards are an equivelent of a gtx desktop verion i am running a 1G 520MX i5 on my current laptops play most modern games with ease tho i drop back my video settings but crystal clear no lag i am running an ASUS gen2 K series it go hard for what i didnt expect but a 940mx are prety good