Nvidia Drivers Uninstall

Shantanu Ghose

Honorable
Mar 17, 2013
i used to own a gigabyte gtx 650 2gb,but i had to return it due to some problems,,i am thinking of buying an ATI card,so i uninstalled nvidia drivers from control panel,,after that system didnt ask for a reboot(maybe because i dont have a graphics card),,then i found there were some files left over,,so i googled and i found this s/w called as driver sweeper,i installed it,,i ran it and it listed Nvida Chipset,Nvidia Display and Nvidia Physx,,i checked on each of them,,analyzed and cleaned them,,did a reboot,and found that those 3 Nvidia drivers were still there,i clicked on the backup option and the following files were there which i had "cleaned" before
KeLLQg9.png

and under the "log" option,the following are there

nF1csp4.png

now what should i do??

rampantshadow

Honorable
Oct 17, 2013
to be honest residual drivers is not an issue if the hardware is not installed, like for example windows has lots of drivers pre-installed when you get it, none of those cause conflicts, the software can cause issues but if you have uninstalled the software then you shouldn't have an issue with the drivers for your new graphics card.

Shantanu Ghose

Honorable
Mar 17, 2013

so i should remove the backup and log files or restore them??
wont ATI s/w conflict with NVIDIA s/w??

rampantshadow

Honorable
Oct 17, 2013

the software yes, the drivers no, if you check the programs and features in your control panel for your NVIDIA software and remove it that way quite often it takes the drivers with it too, if not as I mentioned the drivers will not cause a conflict if the graphics card is not installed.

Shantanu Ghose

Honorable
Mar 17, 2013

too late,,i removed the backup and log files,,and have also removed them from control panel,,there are some residual files which i have not deleted,,i am going to buy ati 7770 soon,,will it conflict with the residual files of Nvidia?

Protooo

Honorable
Oct 22, 2013
Yeah i've recently bought a AMD 7850 to update my 9600gso...i used driver sweeper too. What i suggest is: clean drivers in Windows Safe Mode.
common knowledge, windows loads minimum drivers in safe mode, without graphic card driver. try it.

Shantanu Ghose

Honorable
Mar 17, 2013

i was thinking of formatting the C drive,,will it help??

Protooo

Honorable
Oct 22, 2013

your system is in C drive? that would definitely help.

Shantanu Ghose

Honorable
Mar 17, 2013

ok,,i will do that