Nvidia K1 Laptop - Android Gaming Laptop?? What do you guys think?

Treflipmafia

Honorable
Jan 22, 2014
Hello everyone, Just food for thought here.

So as Nvidia has been trying to break into the hardware market with its Shield portable and Shield tablet. Do you think it would be fitting for them to come out with a cost efficient gaming laptop?

With the addition of Chrome books and Hp's slate book with the Tegra 4 do you think this is where things could be heading?

Although this would be very similar to the Shield tablet, wouldn't it be more practical in terms of gaming?

It would be easier to place it in many positions especially in your lap, also you would have a bigger screen, more cooling and way more battery life potential.

Possibly around the $399 price range?

I believe this would be a great direction and a great way for Nvidia to pick up some traction as a console retailer. Also since gaming laptop seems to be a growing thing this may draw more people towards android thus increasing the odds of developers creating AAA games for android :)

I think they are already headed in the right direction with the shield portable and shield tablet, i so badly want to dive into this market but something is holding me back. Maybe ill wait for the shield portable 2 n go from there.

What do you guys think?

Solution
Yeah it's limited unless you install ubuntu in it and play on steam. But that is unless team does not work on ARM Chip, then only Celeron chromebook would allow steam to be used.

But if you want a cheap laptop to play games take a look at laptop with AMD A10 APUs which are pretty good for gaming when speaking of 720P Laptop.

Treflipmafia

Honorable
Jan 22, 2014

I know, but im talking about something more gaming oriented. I like the idea of the Shield Tablet but I think if they created a Shield Laptop it would be more popular.

Chrome OS is somewhat limited in terms of gaming no?

But i have been looking at the K1 Chromebook just not sure if its my thing.

pierrerock

Estimable
Jul 4, 2014
Yeah it's limited unless you install ubuntu in it and play on steam. But that is unless team does not work on ARM Chip, then only Celeron chromebook would allow steam to be used.

But if you want a cheap laptop to play games take a look at laptop with AMD A10 APUs which are pretty good for gaming when speaking of 720P Laptop.

Solution