Nvidia shield questions

Hen_Ree

Estimable
Nov 3, 2015
Hello,

I am in the market for a new tablet for games, YouTube, movies etc.

I have been looking at the nvidia shield because I have a Gtx 980 ti gpu and read that it would benefit it.

What is the shield like for the uses I have said.

How does it work? Do you play PC games through my gpu or are they separate things?

Solution
The Nvidia shield is a mobile gaming device that runs Android. You can stream games from your PC to the handheld. I wouldn't say that the 980ti is benefited by having a Shield. Haha. The Shield is benefited by having the 980ti to stream games to it. There are some native games, which are mostly Android games.

Edit: I wouldn't call it a tablet. More of a Vita alternative that works well in Nvidia's ecosystem. Look elsewhere if you want a true tablet experience.

coreydwillis2

Estimable
Dec 24, 2015
The Nvidia shield is a mobile gaming device that runs Android. You can stream games from your PC to the handheld. I wouldn't say that the 980ti is benefited by having a Shield. Haha. The Shield is benefited by having the 980ti to stream games to it. There are some native games, which are mostly Android games.

Edit: I wouldn't call it a tablet. More of a Vita alternative that works well in Nvidia's ecosystem. Look elsewhere if you want a true tablet experience.

Solution