Solved! nvme m.2 support asus fx503vd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 18, 2020
Hi there
I just wanted to add m2 nvme ssd on my laptop (asus fx503vd) and I was confused because in the Specifications of the laptop on asus website mentioned it just supports sata m.2.
moreover i contacted with asus support and they said according to the Specifications it just supports sata m.2.
however, in the user manual has been written both nvme and sata supports. in addition, in the bios of the laptop has an option which is "nvme configuration". so can I install nvme on my laptop?
photo-2020-08-13-11-46-23778.jpg

Aug 19, 2020
Did you make a decision? I have the same model FX503VD and a lot of information contradicts. I've seen the NVMe in BIOS too that makes me confuse.
Looking forward to hearing from you.

rawraj

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2012
See page 86 of manual:

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/GamingNB/FX503/0409_E13137_FX503VD_VM_B.pdf

System supports both NVME and SATA M.2 devices.
Thanks a ton. I was looking for this for a friends laptop. BTW how do you get this manual? My laptop is a ASUS TUF Gaming F17 FX706LI_FX766LI
I know it supports an NVME PCIE GEN 3 but in that also see Options.
Also what is the maximum capacity.
You seem like the best person to ask.

I had a Asus Vivobook S5100UN and I installed a WD Black in it and that overheated. It was 1TB Luckily I felt the eat quickly shut it down and removed it.
The laptop is still working fine. I called up customer care and emailed asus but they all tell me to go the local service center and get it installed.
The local service center guy tells me to get my SSD then he will tell me if it will fit. What if it is not compatible. Then he has not answer and won't give me a list or a specification.
Then I met a Asus employee at an expo and he told me that the Vivobook supports only 512GB in the M.2 Slot and 1TB in the SSD slot.

I thought that must be it.
But later I saw a video where the someone installed a WD Green M.2 SSD and he said it has to be installed upside down.
Then I remember I had struggled pushing it in. It supports both B and M key so I guess thats why I Managed to stuff it in.
So Most probably I put it outside.

Now this new laptop the ASUS customer service tells me the same thing the Sales Guy told me. Go to the ASUS website and whatever is the largest capacity listed there your laptop will support.

Then I saw a HiDevolution laptop of ASUS TUF Gaming F17 they had a 8TB Sabrent Latest SSD in it. (Hidevolution claims to officially upgrade laptops they have ridiculous configurations like 128GB Ram with 32TB Storage capacity.)
Now unless HIDevolution is also updating the firmware which is highly unlikely so ASUS customer service just don't know what they are talking about.

Now I have 3 slots in my ASUS TUF Gaming F17 and the highest capacity listed on the ASUS Website is 512 on each of M.2 Slots and 1TB on the Sata slot/
It already has a 512 and I really want to put 2TB in the M.2 and 2TB in the Sata.

But just afraid to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.