NY Times on password apps - would you use one?

WyomingKnott

Distinguished
The NY Times recently wrote on password-keeping apps: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/17/technology/personaltech/apps-to-protect-your-array-of-passwords.html .

Would you trust your passwords to any code on a platform with network connectivity? My personal reaction is to assume that some of them send all your passwords home to mother and others will be hacked. So am I paranoid in keeping my passwords on a good, old-fashioned, non-connected Palm V? Or is storing passwords too risky for connected devices?

ldewitt

Honorable
Sep 27, 2013
I am the same way as you, I REFUSE to write any passwords in anything electronic, and prefer to use the good ol fashioned brain safe technique. There is no way i would have an outsourced company have all my passwords!!! They would have to pry it out of my brain!! I wouldn't say your paranoid, but if other people do, then i would be considered paranoid to. To all saying "your just being paranoid" why don't you go rent www.code2600.com or even just watch the trailer for it i know its a few years old but imagine what people can do nowadays. In one part of the movie(also shows some of it in the trailer) "So you cut me off in traffic; in a few minutes i can call you on your cell phone and resite your social security number to you" Then we'll see whos paranoid! LOL

WyomingKnott

Distinguished
Gotta give my social security number every time I go to a doctor, even though it's not my insurance ID. You think the doctors have IT security staff? I showed my driver's license to enter a building, they scanned it. If there's anyone in this country without access to my SSN and my mother's maiden name, I'd be surprised (ok, I'm exaggerating a little).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
emmabhatti Cell Phone General Discussion 9
H Cell Phone General Discussion 1
M Cell Phone General Discussion 1
M Cell Phone General Discussion 2
N Cell Phone General Discussion 2
G Cell Phone General Discussion 1
G Cell Phone General Discussion 0
V Cell Phone General Discussion 2
A Cell Phone General Discussion 1
D Cell Phone General Discussion 1
M Cell Phone General Discussion 1