NY Times on password apps - would you use one?

The NY Times recently wrote on password-keeping apps: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/17/technology/personaltech/apps-to-protect-your-array-of-passwords.html .

Would you trust your passwords to any code on a platform with network connectivity? My personal reaction is to assume that some of them send all your passwords home to mother and others will be hacked. So am I paranoid in keeping my passwords on a good, old-fashioned, non-connected Palm V? Or is storing passwords too risky for connected devices?

ldewitt

Honorable
Sep 27, 2013
I am the same way as you, I REFUSE to write any passwords in anything electronic, and prefer to use the good ol fashioned brain safe technique. There is no way i would have an outsourced company have all my passwords!!! They would have to pry it out of my brain!! I wouldn't say your paranoid, but if other people do, then i would be considered paranoid to. To all saying "your just being paranoid" why don't you go rent www.code2600.com or even just watch the trailer for it i know its a few years old but imagine what people can do nowadays. In one part of the movie(also shows some of it in the trailer) "So you cut me off in traffic; in a few minutes i can call you on your cell phone and resite your social security number to you" Then we'll see whos paranoid! LOL

Gotta give my social security number every time I go to a doctor, even though it's not my insurance ID. You think the doctors have IT security staff? I showed my driver's license to enter a building, they scanned it. If there's anyone in this country without access to my SSN and my mother's maiden name, I'd be surprised (ok, I'm exaggerating a little).