Obama Launches Stimulus Tracking Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Animebando

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2005
A Spending Bill is not what we need, but I won't judge it all until we see it in action. Now it's time for the waiting game... again.

A Stoner

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2009
What a fucking JOKE. Here is the $288,000,000,000 in tax releif

* Tax Relief - includes $15 B for Infrastructure and Science, $61 B for Protecting the Vulnerable, $25 B for Education and Training and $22 B for Energy, so total funds are $126 B for Infrastructure and Science, $142 B for Protecting the Vulnerable, $78 B for Education and Training, and $65 B for Energy.

A Stoner

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2009
So let's actually figure this out.
288-15-61-25-22-126-142-78-65 comes out to what?
It comes out to some fucking retard educated by a teacher's union member is what it comes out to.

_horse

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
If I wanted to see failure in action, I'd watch football or baseball news. This is just sad.

At least my local congressmen/women all voted the right way on this thing. Too bad it still passed.

A Stoner

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2009
Hell, I even was generous and decided to add in the *144 billion for state and local and it still comes out to -$102billion. WTF kind of transparency does Barack Obama give us that Stalin, Kim Jung Ill and the rest of the fascist dictators of the world do not give us? This is unbeleivable!

Ronrico

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2009
Like anyone is going to believe anything posted on this website. FEDERAL agencies will be providing the figures! If private firms were handling this, then I might have some confidence in the idea.

A Stoner

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2009
Oops, I suxors...
I missed the fine print part of it,,,
Actually it is $288 billion tax releif minus just....
includes $15 B for Infrastructure and Science, $61 B for Protecting the Vulnerable, $25 B for Education and Training and $22 B for Energy,
So that means that nice big $288 billion bar is really just $165 billion. And I am certain that there is an ** an *** and probably a **** attached to even that paltry sum of money.

firemage

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2008
If Private Firms where posting them then i would trust them less.

The New Deal didn't happen overnight but this is a first step.

-G

Animebando

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2005
The New Deal didn't end the last depression, and even if it did, it took how many years? You can't really prove it either way, so no point in using it as a model.

ntrceptr

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2006
Will they be require to provide proof as to what they spent the money on or are they just gonna report false figures? Just a thought.

bdf2000

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2009
Not perfect, but a huge step forward from all past administrations.

I like the kind of precedence this will set.

krispeyy

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2008
This is so bad for our future. It keeps the money in circulation, but devalues the already overvalued dollar. We need the recession to balance out the productivity level of the country versus what the dollar is actually worth. We have not increased our value/production twofold in the last 8 years, so the value of the dollar needs to reflect that; the value of the dollar NEEDS to fall for our economy to stabilize.

Ronrico

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2009
[citation][nom]firemage[/nom]If Private Firms where posting them then i would trust them less.The New Deal didn't happen overnight but this is a first step.-G[/citation]

So you feel safer if the party performing the act (i.e. the goverment) supervises themselves rather than a third party? Does this make any sense to anyone? Imagine if instead of the government, a business named Evilcorp was performing the stimulus. Would you like it if the only person keeping accountability for Evilcorp was Evilcorp itself? That's plain dangerous.

firemage

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2008
[citation][nom]Ronrico[/nom]So you feel safer if the party performing the act (i.e. the goverment) supervises themselves rather than a third party? Does this make any sense to anyone? Imagine if instead of the government, a business named Evilcorp was performing the stimulus. Would you like it if the only person keeping accountability for Evilcorp was Evilcorp itself? That's plain dangerous.[/citation]

There are checks and balances in the government, it watches itself, and end the end we the voters check them in the end.

The Government isn't a corp but a government meaning they have a vested interest in the people.

And for the record the New Deal and other FDR programs, not only did they end the depression they held off the other downturns from becoming such until Reagan to Bush II broke the systems that had protected us for so long.

-G

gamerk316

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2008
Money spent on power is a necessity. We are moving to plug-in hybrids. You think our ancient grid can handle that? We probably lose updwards of 20% of our power in the grid, and fixing it would save taxpayer money over the long hual (something few politicians care about).

Same goes with infrastructure. Two years ago, we are panicky over a single bridge collapse. Now when funds are allocated to fix other structually deficient bridges, everyone is up in arms? Our infrastructure is a joke, and its about time it gets fixed up. This provides immediate jobs, and stremlining infrastructure leads to less waste of money and resources.

Can't see what anyone would have against education spending. A higher educated workforce provides more high tech (high paying) jobs, which brings more cash into the country, which benifits everyone.

Everything about the bill screams "long term, stable growth", which is how the economy is supposed to be run. The new housing bailout bill is where the consumer will be finding most of their relief.

gamerk316

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2008
[citation][nom]firemage[/nom]There are checks and balances in the government, it watches itself, and end the end we the voters check them in the end.The Government isn't a corp but a government meaning they have a vested interest in the people. And for the record the New Deal and other FDR programs, not only did they end the depression they held off the other downturns from becoming such until Reagan to Bush II broke the systems that had protected us for so long.-G[/citation]

For the record, the stock market and the economy were largly recovered by 1935, but FDR was a fiscal conservative, and wanted to balance the budget. As cutting programs wouldn't work, he did the only other reasonable thing he could: he raised taxes after being re-elected, which triggered another crash. Bad move on his part, but its clear that his programs did what they intended to do, and his experiance with trying to balance the budget during a recession is why the budget is forgotten about during a recession, as tring to keep it balanced does more harm then good.

Status
Not open for further replies.