Obama Reveals Plan to Counter Foreign Cyber-Espionage

Status
Not open for further replies.

wannabepro

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2011
That's not even once per page..

America can't put economic pressure on China, we buy all of our stuff from them..

I believe we should fight fire with fire.
(And in the mean time, bring manufacturing and production jobs back to America)

eodeo

Distinguished
May 29, 2007
Simply figure out how to pay US citizens next to nothing, work them for 18hrs shifts with 0 days off in a year without them rioting or killing themselves and you have yourself the solution to the evil job stealing Chinese.

If you can pollute the environment to the point its toxic to breathe air and have the said workers live there, you win a bonus.

thecolorblue

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
the gradual ramp up in the momentum for this cybersecurity fear mongering propaganda campaign is extremely reminiscent of the propaganda campaign leading up to the invasion of Iraq... and we now know that the propaganda ramp up for the 2 nd Iraq war was a COMPLETE FABRICATION.

FEAR
FEAR
CHINA
FEAR
FEAR
CHINA
FEAR
CHINA
CHINA
FEAR
CHINA
CHINA
CHINA

obama is greasing america before he slides a masive surveillance d!ldo right up everyone's @$$ and the way this is playing out... america is going to be begging for it and then thanking him afterwards. brilliant media/govt collaborative campaign to brainwash the masses.

we're all royally f*****

wannabepro

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2011
[citation][nom]eodeo[/nom]Simply figure out how to pay US citizens next to nothing, work them for 18hrs shifts with 0 days off in a year without them rioting or killing themselves and you have yourself the solution to the evil job stealing Chinese.If you can pollute the environment to the point its toxic to breathe air and have the said workers live there, you win a bonus.[/citation]
We could use advanced techniques and technologies to create more skilled labor manufacturing jobs. We could also experiment with new ways to make production more environmentally friendly, and work to solve pollution issues.

WTF is wrong with you people... Do you think China and their overworked, unskilled laborers give a f*** about the environment?

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]wannabepro[/nom]That's not even once per page.. America can't put economic pressure on China, we buy all of our stuff from them.. I believe we should fight fire with fire.(And in the mean time, bring manufacturing and production jobs back to America)[/citation]

Some businesses are already doing that, including GE and *gasp* Apple:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/stevedenning/2012/12/07/why-apple-and-ge-are-bringing-manufacturing-back/

G

I stopped caring about this article after reading Obama in the title...

retrophe

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2011
"Part of the strategy proposed in the report will see local law enforcement and intelligence agencies provide the private sector with information on how to counterspy, and warnings about emerging corporate espionage threats."

Hahahahaha riiiight. Local law enforcement and intelligence agencies can't defend themselves lol.

10tacle

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2008
[citation][nom]wannabepro[/nom]America can't put economic pressure on China, we buy all of our stuff from them.. I believe we should fight fire with fire.(And in the mean time, bring manufacturing and production jobs back to America)[/citation]

We won't be bringing jobs back to America so long as Obama continues to threaten to jack up taxes on corporations and private business owners. And now that Obamacare is slowly kicking in and everyone is starting to see what was hidden in it - and specifically feel the pain of it - there is even less incentive for companies to come back to America. Now throw in the demands of unskilled workers being paid a "livable" wage of $25+hr to tighten some screws and connect wiring harnesses on an assembly line. If made in America, we would be paying $2,000+ for a basic 40" 1080p HDTV, $1,000+ for an iPad mini, $500+ for a Blu-Ray player, and $100+ for a pancake skillet. Sorry, but that's just the harsh reality of the situation we are in: we either enjoy the affordability of the majority of our products made overseas or we bring jobs back here but can't afford to buy those type products made here. And for anyone talking about cars being made in America, try again: a large portion of the components that go into them are made in China, Mexico, and other nations.

ddpruitt

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
[citation][nom]wannabepro[/nom]That's not even once per page.. America can't put economic pressure on China, we buy all of our stuff from them.. I believe we should fight fire with fire.(And in the mean time, bring manufacturing and production jobs back to America)[/citation]

So you want us to bring back all the low paying no skill jobs? The ones that put us in the hole to begin with? The same ones that make an American car cost $2000 more to build than an equivalent foreign car?

Manufacturing jobs need to stay in China. We need to put some serious pressure on countries that steal trillions in IP that we paid for. Not just give some "consistent message".

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
Espionage is a very hard topic to take seriously in America. We like to cry victim whenever we know we are a victim but at the same time we likely do the more acts of espionage than every other nation combined. We have this hypocritical stance where it's okay if we are behind it but don't you dare do it to us.

Also just notice how dedicated our politics is to corporations now. We are willing to bend over backwards and spend god knows how much to protect our corporations and their interests. But fixing social security, further improving the health care system, or any other cause that actually helps the nation as a whole. But no, the elderly, the sick, and people who rely on public services can't donate as large sums to campaigns or give a lobbyist job after "serving" in office that pays millions yearly and involves playing golf once in a while.

Also be damn sure that this will be used to monitor more internet activity of Americans too because false security is somehow more important than both liberty and privacy these days.

mman74

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
China may or may not being using computer esionage. Consider this however, how do you think MI6 or CIA get all their intelligence data? As Dame Judi Dench said in Skyfall; a man with a gun and a mircofilm camera is obsolete. Do you think DARPA the people who gave the world the internet, the people that made radar invisible fighters and bombers, the people who are working on materials that will bend light to make tanks and soldiers invisible, are doing nothing on digital data supremecy? Anyone who gets caught is an amateur, the real pros are the ones that can put out nuclear centrifuges in Iran and have nothing traced back to them.
So if the problem is not as bad as they are making out and the intelligence agency are in fact tracking these attacks, which they must be doing to make these grand claims - and the very fact that they can shows they aren't that sophisticated; then what is the real reason behind the drum banging? Does anyone see any parallels with the war in Iraq when it was put to British Parliament that Iraq could hit London with WMDs from Baghdad with as little as 30 mins warning? Well they got their war but was any WMDs ever found? My instincts tells me somebody somewhere wants legislation passed, and "China, China, China!" sounds an awfully lot like "WMDs, WMDs, WMDs".

stingstang

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
[citation][nom]thecolorblue[/nom]the gradual ramp up in the momentum for this cybersecurity fear mongering propaganda campaign is extremely reminiscent of the propaganda campaign leading up to the invasion of Iraq... and we now know that the propaganda ramp up for the 2 nd Iraq war was a COMPLETE FABRICATION.FEARFEARCHINAFEARFEARCHINAFEARCHINACHINAFEARCHINACHINACHINAobama is greasing america before he slides a masive surveillance d!ldo right up everyone's @$$ and the way this is playing out... america is going to be begging for it and then thanking him afterwards. brilliant media/govt collaborative campaign to brainwash the masses.we're all royally f*****[/citation]
Always glad to see we have people still willing to wisp things up into a nice and neat package of crazy so the rest of us have something to laugh about.
In case you have an ounce of sense, you can listen to this reason.
1. The government attacked us. (I swear to f-ing God. If you say Iraq's government wasn't part of the attack...)
2. The Taliban was next in line for controlling the country after Obama. We needed to destroy the snake's head before we left, or we would leave the country in the same state which lead to the attack in the first place.

There was no "greasing up". Go to school and learn things.

poohbear2005

Honorable
Feb 10, 2013
Oil companies are f@#kin stupid. They keep lobbying to prevent further research for clean fuel alternatives, by dismissing the research and buying the media to spread their propaganda. But everything already comes from oil. If we can get free power from wind, solar, geo-thermal, tidal-waves and use that energy to power fully automated manufacturing we could have stuff made faster and cheaper. All factories could be moved further away from the population decreasing contamination.

aracheb

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2008
[citation][nom]stingstang[/nom]Always glad to see we have people still willing to wisp things up into a nice and neat package of crazy so the rest of us have something to laugh about.In case you have an ounce of sense, you can listen to this reason.1. The government attacked us. (I swear to f-ing God. If you say Iraq's government wasn't part of the attack...)2. The Taliban was next in line for controlling the country after Obama. We needed to destroy the snake's head before we left, or we would leave the country in the same state which lead to the attack in the first place.There was no "greasing up". Go to school and learn things.[/citation]
so cute and so gullible, I in that guy who you make fun defense do believe the same thing he does, i don't give a fuck about it. But again you don't need to be smart to connect the dots

Example: Fuck i hate James and i want his car, but he has not do anything to me.
Let me create a false problem with his neighbor problem with James neighbor.. create big noise. IF James move claim James attacked you while you were at his neighbor door.

ven1ger

Honorable
Jul 25, 2012
[citation][nom]ddpruitt[/nom]So you want us to bring back all the low paying no skill jobs? The ones that put us in the hole to begin with? The same ones that make an American car cost $2000 more to build than an equivalent foreign car?Manufacturing jobs need to stay in China. We need to put some serious pressure on countries that steal trillions in IP that we paid for. Not just give some "consistent message".[/citation]

Hmmm... Interestingly enough, just watched a news report of the only jobs that stay in America are the low paying jobs, basic service/labor jobs that can't be exported. Jobs like restaurants, and other jobs like that. So basically, what you're saying is that for the minimum wage earners that manufacturing jobs which pay at least a living wage should stay in China. Thinking that minimum wage earners can barely eke out a living on minimum, and probably can't even afford large screen tvs, nice cars, expensive electronics.

The jobs that have been exported are not low paying jobs, they are decent paying jobs, do you see any jobs that were taken away from minimum wage employees? NO..jobs that have been taken exported are decent paying jobs just so that corporations could make more profit while executives make out like bandits all the while stiffing the middle class. Yeah, let's give the middle class minimum wage jobs, I've seen too many friends and families who lost good paying jobs having to scrape by with minimum paying jobs, they lost pensions, some lost their homes, some had to move to find jobs whereever they could, and the list goes on.

People who talk like you, may have never experienced what others have had to go thru when losing a good paying job and being able to support a family and then all of a sudden losing their job, taking on minimum pay jobs and ending up on the welfare line after years of being able to provide for your family and finding out you no longer can.

ven1ger

Honorable
Jul 25, 2012
[citation][nom]stingstang[/nom]1. The government attacked us. (I swear to f-ing God. If you say Iraq's government wasn't part of the attack...)2. The Taliban was next in line for controlling the country after Obama. We needed to destroy the snake's head before we left, or we would leave the country in the same state which lead to the attack in the first place.There was no "greasing up". Go to school and learn things.[/citation]

1, Huh. Guess we should invade Saudi Arabia also, as Osama Bin Laden was originally from Saudi Arabia, and many of the 9/11 terrorists came by way of Saudi Arabia.

2. Obama? or Osama bin Laden? In case you missed it, US helped provide weapons and other aid to the Taliban or freedom/resistance fighters as they were called back then when they were fighting the Soviet Union.

School is only good if you're receptive to learning, looks like you weren't that receptive. I've known many peers who weren't receptive to learning and we usually called them drop-outs.

Status
Not open for further replies.