Odd Logitech G933 hardware issue, any ideas before I return?

Just a bystander

Prominent
Mar 31, 2017
So I just received my product today, excited for it I went ahead and installed the latest drivers for my headset. When audio wasn't coming out of one ear, I was not surprised, I heard about all of these issues with the older products. Unfazed I did the usual procedure of installing, uninstalling, turning off surround, hardware resetting. This went on for a few hours, then I went ahead and tested it on passive mode one the phone, alright nothing wrong, works just fine.

Now here's where I found what could possibly lead to the solution, when I turned the headset on, while having it connected via 3.5mm jack, the headset played everything through the right driver. ???????

Turned the headset off and the audio that was playing through the jack, went back to normal... Now, I did not have the wireless feature connected to anything, the headset was simply turned on while playing music through the 3.5mm jack, which leads me to believe something dumb like the left driver isn't getting enough juice.

I don't want to give up on this product just yet, so does anyone have a clue?

Just a bystander

Prominent
Mar 31, 2017
There is in passive mode, but the setting disappears in wireless mode. The wireless mode is the problem. Passive works just fine.
When I go to the properties/levels, there's no balance option like there usually is.

Just a bystander

Prominent
Mar 31, 2017
Also this issue is present simply when the headset is turned on without it being connected to anything. I tested it thoroughly again and I can just barely hear the left side when I change the volume on the headset. Again passive mode through 3.5mm works just fine, its when I turn it on I get this issue

Just a bystander

Prominent
Mar 31, 2017
Yeah, been testing out what happens when I combine it via 3.5mm with usb as well, and no luck, no sound from the left side of the PC and 3.5mm. The problem lies within the headset itself when turned on, and since it works just fine with 3.5mm when turned off, it leads me to believe the issue may be within the firmware or hardware. I rolled back the firmware to v25, and no luck either, so I just set it to the current v27 again.

Just a bystander

Prominent
Mar 31, 2017
Yeah, didn't want to give up on it, but don't exactly want to tinker with the wiring on this specific product. Well it's a shame, I'm just going to return it, thinking of getting a G533 instead. Thanks for the help.