Odin ransomware help

zizilove

Commendable
Oct 2, 2016
My PC is infected with the Ransonware Virus. In order to get my files back I would have to pay to get a decryprtor application that will unlock my files. All my files are encrypted and have Odin extension. I tried to change extensions manually, used different guides like this , also I had tried ShadowExplorer and Recuva but nothing really helps.

Has anyone had this same problem? Can you help me?

Solution
I've had several of these at work. We always rebuild the PC, and restore any affected files. It's the easiest, cheapest and quickest way to completely recover from an infection.

kanewolf

Judicious
Pay up or go to a backup from before the virus. I am betting you don't have any backups from any time ....
If you live in the shadows of the internet, then you better be prepared. I keep a USB drive with backups POWERED OFF unless I am accessing it. That is the only way to restore from a crypto locker.

USAFRet

Illustrious
This is specifically what backups are for.
Wipe the drive and recover from a backup made before this happened.

For some of the older ransomware variants, there have been decryption protocols published. Unsure about this one.

Just changing the extension is, as you have seen, useless. The actual files are encrypted.