OEM APU usable on retail pc?

saitamalor

Great
Feb 20, 2018
I have retail laptop and I would like to upgrade to A10-5750M but it is listed as oem on ebay and i'm not sure if i can use it on my retail laptop could I get some help? Yes my laptop does support this apu but I am just wondering if it will not work because my laptop is retail and this apu is oem which means it probably came from an oem laptop. Also the apu was pulled from a laptop different to mine.

Solution
It depends on what processor is currently installed in your laptop. Many laptops use a soldered processor utilizing a ball grid array where the "balls" take the place of the pins. They are small balls of solder attached to the processor and are melted to connect to the motherboard during the manufacturing process.

The A10-5750M uses actual pins and should be easy to insert if the other APU uses a FS1 (FS1r2) Socket. (722-pin organic lidless micro Pin Grid Array (UOL722)

thx1138v2

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2011
It depends on what processor is currently installed in your laptop. Many laptops use a soldered processor utilizing a ball grid array where the "balls" take the place of the pins. They are small balls of solder attached to the processor and are melted to connect to the motherboard during the manufacturing process.

The A10-5750M uses actual pins and should be easy to insert if the other APU uses a FS1 (FS1r2) Socket. (722-pin organic lidless micro Pin Grid Array (UOL722)

Solution

saitamalor

Great
Feb 20, 2018

Yes the socket is a FS1r2 I did my research and have taken the laptop apart already. I also figured out that an OEM cpu was just the cpu itself without the fancy box and other equipment.