Official Press Shots, Specs for the Droid 4 Leaked Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

d_kuhn

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2002
I shun tiny chiclet keyboards in favor of touchscreen ones because while both are finicky to use, uncomfortable and inefficient... the chicklet keyboards are one worse - they take up a LOT of space, making phones either FAT or reducing the screen size.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]Had a Droid 3 for a month. Thing was as heavy as a brick. Along with the horrid battery life and the obscene amount of uninstallable bloatware I'll never go back to Android.[/citation]

When I pick up any smartphone I see tons of bloatware that I cannot remove. The funny thing about Android, is you could have put a fresh OS on your phone without the "bloatware". When I buy an off the shelf PC, the first thing I do is replace the OS with a fresh one. If you cannot handle using a real smart phone (aka touch computer that makes phone calls,) then you should stick to the stupid phones or iPods that make phone calls.

Cash091

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2009
Did anyone else notice the RAZR's "kevlar" coating??! Phone choice for people in the ghetto! All your smartphone needs, PLUS the thing will stop a bullet from that rival gang!

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
[citation][nom]dalethepcman[/nom]When I pick up any smartphone I see tons of bloatware that I cannot remove. The funny thing about Android, is you could have put a fresh OS on your phone without the "bloatware". When I buy an off the shelf PC, the first thing I do is replace the OS with a fresh one. If you cannot handle using a real smart phone (aka touch computer that makes phone calls,) then you should stick to the stupid phones or iPods that make phone calls.[/citation]
I could not have said it any better! The android smartphone is basically taking the path that the PC took, and basically becoming synonamous... The iCrap.... well I don't really think that's taking a path at all.... the only path they took was take the old phones with physical buttons and numbers, and replace it with a touchscreen, since then, it has stood still...

whatever I'm too tired for a rant now.

Anyways nice phone this Moto, like the hardware.

adamboy64

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
Having it's predecessor, the Droid 3, for a few months now.. the build quality is fantastic. The keyboard is a delight to use and surprisingly comfortable.

Never had an issue with the battery life either - in normal use I got around 15 hours. Sure, not 'feature phone' good, but pretty reasonable for a smartphone.

I think the Droid 4 is going to be pretty great. Far, far more than likely, the Droid 4 will get an update to ICS..

There's not enough of a difference between the Droid 3 and the 4 to make me want to upgrade though..

jgutz2006

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2009
I understand that not every phone needs to be the latest and greatest, but wouldnt this be considered one of the "flagship" phones for motorola? only the same specs as any other phone including the same processor as my Evo3d which i got exactly 23 WEEKS AGO! (5 MONTHS and some change) I'm sure they will send out ICS upgrades but mfg's take forever to do those. but when i get a new phone, aside from the provider i'm looking at what makes this phone unique? I had the evo4G, i upgraded from 1ghz CPU with Adreno 200 GPU to dual core 1.2ghz and adreno 220, doubled the RAM, same size 4.3" but higher resolution and different aspect ratio. Point of this: Why would they release a major product and not tack into it a next gen CPU, i mean they have the RAZR

Status
Not open for further replies.