Ok to use my Asus G751 with only the Power Cord?

Jan 21, 2019
About three months ago I realized my battery was no longer holding the charge. Normally I use it as a desktop replacement and always have my laptop running off the power cord. But when traveling last month, it was on battery power briefly and suddenly it blinked off. After some good amount of testing and researching, I realized the battery is probably not holding the charge. The battery icon will say it's charged to 86% but never gets higher. And if I try to run battery power, it will blink off at about 70%.

My question is, do I need to do anything to continue to operate my Asus with no problems? I don't need the battery and don't want to be bothered running around to shops or spending a Saturday trying to get a new one put in. Will the Asus run fine on the power cord only? I've had no problems yet. My second question is, because the battery never charges, is that putting extra strain on the power cord? And third: Should I buy a new power cord? And fourth..where to buy online? I live in Thailand, north of Bangkok.

Thanks for your input.

Dave

Jan 21, 2019

Jan 21, 2019
Thanks for that. My Asus is 3 1/2 years old now. I use it nearly every day, about ten hours a day. I think it may be time to get a new power cord; I've never used a different one. I'm worried about issues if the power cord fails. What do you think?

If you will feel better using a new cord get one, they are cheap enough.