Old generation but brand new laptop with good configuration. Should I buy?

abhi5868

Prominent
Jul 20, 2017
Hello sir, is it good to buy a 4th gen intel core i5 with 4gb ram and 2gb graphics, 500gb harddisk and touchscreen hd display/metallic back panel for Indian rupees 36500.(dell inspiron 5547/new). Does generation matters? Dedicated graphics create problems in laptops?

velo3100

Distinguished
Depends on what you are doing. For normal use a 4th gen i5 is enough. I would upgrade the ram to 8 as windows 10 can be a resource hog. The gpu will matter if you need gpu power for gaming or other applications. Also discrete gpus will cause more heat but will give you more performance at the expense of battery life whereas integrated gpus will run cooler and are generally less powerful.

velo3100

Distinguished
Depends on what you are doing. For normal use a 4th gen i5 is enough. I would upgrade the ram to 8 as windows 10 can be a resource hog. The gpu will matter if you need gpu power for gaming or other applications. Also discrete gpus will cause more heat but will give you more performance at the expense of battery life whereas integrated gpus will run cooler and are generally less powerful.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Laptop General Discussion 1
D Laptop General Discussion 1
M Laptop General Discussion 4
R Laptop General Discussion 1
D Laptop General Discussion 1
B Laptop General Discussion 2
K Laptop General Discussion 6
C Laptop General Discussion 1
K Laptop General Discussion 5
M Laptop General Discussion 3
S Laptop General Discussion 1