Solved! Omen 17" not turning on at all

Jan 2, 2019
Hello everyone ! I have an Omen 17" (2016 Model) and all of a sudden while trying to turn it on it doesn't turn on at all. The charger indicator lamp is off as well and wont turn on either. What I tried replacing the charger with its replacement charger and still no indicator lamp turning on and nor is the laptop. I opened up the laptop cleaned it up and still not working however I did realize something that might be hinting at the problem : When I opened up the laptop and connected the power supply a component named "2R2622P5J" gets super hot I attached below the pic of the component in referring to on the motherboard.

board.png

Any idea what could be the problem?

Solution
Seems like you might have a faulty motherboard. The surface mounted capacitor/VRM heating up indicates that the power is being fed to the laptop. If the laptop's battery doesn't charge up nor powers up, then it's the motherboard.

Lutfij

Splendid
Seems like you might have a faulty motherboard. The surface mounted capacitor/VRM heating up indicates that the power is being fed to the laptop. If the laptop's battery doesn't charge up nor powers up, then it's the motherboard.

Solution