mdd1963

Distinguished
All your data are belong to us!

:)
fsb.gif

xrayangiodoc

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2011
Does anyone else have concern regarding trusting our data to a, "Moscow based" organization? What do we think would happen if the FSB were to demand access to their (our) data?

priest3332

Estimable
Jul 26, 2014
Wow! I've been using Kaspersky for years starting back in 2008! Did NOT know they were based in Moscow! My current 3 year license expires in 2018 but I stopped using Kaspersky back in late 2016 because of serious conflicts with Windows 10 Home. I guess it's true that some things happen for a reason! Been using the free version of Comodo Internet Security Suite without any issues. Hoe they're not based out of the Middle East. lol

cachcoco

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2012
Comcast includes Norton as part of the service package. Is there any reason to ditch the free Norton for a free Kaspersky? I get conflicting reports when I look up reviews.

mdd1963

Distinguished

Out of the hands of the Russians...into the eager Comodo arms of the ever peaceful Chinese communists!
:)

JoshRoss

Estimable
Jul 11, 2017

This made me laugh :) But wow, I am glad Kaspersky is going free to some extent, I am super excited to hear what they have in mind for their plans and how reputable free version is going to be, exciting times in cyber security world.

PeterKendrick

Commendable
Aug 10, 2016
This news came after the seize of Kaspersky's operation in the US, and it's a great move by Kaspersky. However, with any antivirus program you'll face the similar issue of data security. We are being played by everyone on the name of privacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.