OnePlus 5T vs Pixel 2: Why OnePlus Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuong.vuong

Prominent
Nov 22, 2017
The OnePlus doesn't "win" anything, against the Pixel or a lot of other phones in the US. For about 50% of us mobile subscriber in the US, namely those of us on Verizon and Sprint, the OnePlus is not much more than an expensive paperweight, since it doesn't support our carrier's radio bands. This should be a critical criterion in a comparison.

dddjks

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2010
For Seniors on a budget. There is no better high level combination than a OnePlus 5T with a T-Mobile unlimited 55+ plan for Seniors. This unlimited plan is a flat $60/month for two lines.

The review was slightly off about the OnePlus 5T cameras. There are two 16MP cameras and one 20MP camera on the OnePlus 5T. The duo cameras are both F1.7 and one is designed for low level lighting.

In comparison, neither of the other two phones have more than 12MP.

pdublind

Prominent
Nov 29, 2017

Actually One Plus makes great phones. I have had my 3t for over a year now on T-Mobile. Also why would anyone pick a carrier than a phone? You do it backwards. Pick a device you really love then find a carrier that supports it. Verizon doens't off many good phones except maybe the Pixel, but even that isn't worth it with the 5t having similar specs.

pdublind

Prominent
Nov 29, 2017
I love my one plus 3t and am getting the 5t. I will switch my service to get the phone I want. Why settle for a device that I am not happy with or pay more for something similar because my carrier won't support my phone? I will carriers to get the one that supports the phone I want. Verizon doesn't have many great phones anyway. The ability to root and have many choices of custom roms is very important to me as well. Stock android no matter what phone/service has been garbage starting with android 7. The fact that you cannot modify the system partition and apps on stock android is a big negative.

clint.twilley

Prominent
Jan 2, 2018
Left the iphone ranks for first time in 10 years. Went the 5T route. It is responsive with a great battery life. I have enjoyed it so far. It was nice buying cables and a case at reasonable pricing vs the iphone rip off. I would purchase the 5t again. I have not had either Pixel so I cannot compare to those.

Status
Not open for further replies.