Online or Storefront Question..

G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Are there any price differences for Verizon phones or plans at Radio
Shack or a dedicated Verizon store or online..?? Is there any
shopping around..??
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

The plans are the same no matter where you ago, ignoring possible regional
differences.

The phone price will vary from store/internet/agent/retailer to
store/internet/agent/retailer, with no guarantees on the lowest price at any
one. In my opinion; buy your phone from the person who gives you the best
quality and support. If it costs you an extra $20 (over two years a
<$1/month) to buy from someone who will support you (like me an authorized
agent) then I'd encourage it. If you buy from the internet, you should get
the best / lowest price, and by all means go to a corporate store to get
your support.

In any case: your phone support or plan support from customer service will
be terrific no matter what you decide. dr wireMORE; believing people are
entitled to more, not less for their well earned dollar.

<delta.sixxxeleven@gte.net> wrote in message
news:tsqci0pc10snl7kncbdcksbr9netgarav6@4ax.com...
>
>
> Are there any price differences for Verizon phones or plans at Radio
> Shack or a dedicated Verizon store or online..?? Is there any
> shopping around..??
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 22:22:00 GMT, "dr.wireMORE"
<dr.wireMORE@VZW-MidWESTma.com> wrote:

>The plans are the same no matter where you ago, ignoring possible regional
>differences.
>
>The phone price will vary from store/internet/agent/retailer to
>store/internet/agent/retailer, with no guarantees on the lowest price at any
>one. In my opinion; buy your phone from the person who gives you the best
>quality and support. If it costs you an extra $20 (over two years a
><$1/month) to buy from someone who will support you (like me an authorized
>agent) then I'd encourage it. If you buy from the internet, you should get
>the best / lowest price, and by all means go to a corporate store to get
>your support.
>
>In any case: your phone support or plan support from customer service will
>be terrific no matter what you decide. dr wireMORE; believing people are
>entitled to more, not less for their well earned dollar.
>


Thanks you saved be a bunch of running around...Its off to Radio
Shack or Wal-Mart, there is more of them then the Verizon booths at
the mall !!
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 00:23:26 GMT, delta.sixxxeleven@gte.net wrote:

>On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 22:22:00 GMT, "dr.wireMORE"
><dr.wireMORE@VZW-MidWESTma.com> wrote:
>
>>The plans are the same no matter where you ago, ignoring possible regional
>>differences.
>>
>>The phone price will vary from store/internet/agent/retailer to
>>store/internet/agent/retailer, with no guarantees on the lowest price at any
>>one. In my opinion; buy your phone from the person who gives you the best
>>quality and support. If it costs you an extra $20 (over two years a
>><$1/month) to buy from someone who will support you (like me an authorized
>>agent) then I'd encourage it. If you buy from the internet, you should get
>>the best / lowest price, and by all means go to a corporate store to get
>>your support.
>>
>>In any case: your phone support or plan support from customer service will
>>be terrific no matter what you decide. dr wireMORE; believing people are
>>entitled to more, not less for their well earned dollar.
>>
>
>
> Thanks you saved be a bunch of running around...Its off to Radio
>Shack or Wal-Mart, there is more of them then the Verizon booths at
>the mall !!
Before you run off consider this. There is an important advantages of
buying a phone from a Verizon corporate store

Verizon will only service phones bought directly from them. This
means that if a phone is under warrantee and there is a problem with
it that can't be fixed they will swap it for a new or refurb right
there.

Radio Shack and other independent retailers will send the phone out
for repair and unless you have a spare you'll be without one for
awhile.

Be aware of which phones are current. Independent retailers including
Radio Shack often carry discontinued models.

I'm not saying don't buy a phone from an independent retailer. There
are good deals and honest people out there. Just consider all the
advantages and disadvantages of both.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

In article <138di09kl057dhkod6ksb6b209a2s8f8up@4ax.com>,
Teddeli <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:

> Before you run off consider this. There is an important advantages of
> buying a phone from a Verizon corporate store

Also, I don't think Verizon honors the New Every Two program unless you
buy directly from a Verizon corporate store.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

NE2 will be honored, even if you started the service with an agent/retailer.
But to be fair: (and I think this "x%^&*") VZW New Every Two (which
ranslates to an extra $100 discount when you renew) is only given by VZW and
they normally only do it at corporate location or tele-sales. Shouldn't
affect a new line of service now, but two years out. Get the phone from the
person who will support you best.

Editorial: I personally think this is a great injustice... as if VZW is
offering a NE2 credit, then no matter where you get your renewal you are
"entitled" to the NE2. The rules appear to be "go to a corporate store" for
the NE2. But some (and I applaud them) Customer Service, will give the
customer a $100 credit on their bill instead. The net will be the same
price, but you'd have to pay the retailer/agent the extra $100, and wait for
it to appear on your bill and you'll get it back.

Again: you qualify for the NE2, no matter who you start the service from.
But when it comes due 22 months later, YES, the current rules say you need
to get that update/renewal from a VZW corporate or tele-sales.

dr.
--
dr. wireMORE (don't accept "less", demand "more")
Wireless Consultant/Engineer & Midwest VZW Master Agent
Data, wi-fi, national access, smartphones, and home
computer healthchecks, stop worrying... just ask for the dr.

If you need specific help, leave your email address & we'll try to contact
you.

"Jadder" <jadder@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:jadder-1E619C.22002820082004@news.sf.sbcglobal.net...
> In article <138di09kl057dhkod6ksb6b209a2s8f8up@4ax.com>,
> Teddeli <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:
>
> > Before you run off consider this. There is an important advantages of
> > buying a phone from a Verizon corporate store
>
> Also, I don't think Verizon honors the New Every Two program unless you
> buy directly from a Verizon corporate store.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 01:22:33 GMT, Teddeli wrote:

> Verizon will only service phones bought directly from them.

I took my failing Radio Shack Samsung into a VZW store and they exchanged it
for another one - no questions asked.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY