Question Onn walmart tablet - live wallpaper

Sep 30, 2019
Hi everyone, I just got a Onn 10" wallmart tablet. This tablet is running android 9.0 but i cant find anyway to get live wallpaper works as expected. Some app apps cant even install manually or on google play store. Please help if you have any ideas to make my problems go away. Thank you so much !!!

It is going to depend on what is already on the tablet and what you have already installed. There isn't a ton of space on it. While it says there is 16GB of space, that is the total. Before the OS and all preinstalled apps. Which can take up quite a bit of space.

Need a bit more details to get a better idea of what is going on, and if it is something other than lack of space.

So what exactly happens when you try to use one of the live wallpapers? And you say 'some' apps won't work. So which apps? How much space do said apps need? How much space is showing in "Settings" as available?

NOTE: Even if you install a SD card, without it being converted over to "Internal" storage (which can't be done on many devices) then apps won't run/install on a SD card.

Please be sure to include as much details as you can when replying.

Reactions: ptt1404
Sep 30, 2019
It is going to depend on what is already on the tablet and what you have already installed. There isn't a ton of space on it. While it says there is 16GB of space, that is the total. Before the OS and all preinstalled apps. Which can take up quite a bit of space.

Need a bit more details to get a better idea of what is going on, and if it is something other than lack of space.

So what exactly happens when you try to use one of the live wallpapers? And you say 'some' apps won't work. So which apps? How much space do said apps need? How much space is showing in "Settings" as available?

NOTE: Even if you install a SD card, without it being converted over to "Internal" storage (which can't be done on many devices) then apps won't run/install on a SD card.

Please be sure to include as much details as you can when replying.
thks for the quickly. there is no settings to select live wallpaper, i used an lg and samsung whenever i hold the home screen it should be a settings to select livewallpaper inside wallpaper section but this one does not have. i manually install tons of live wallpaper apps on google but none works may be this tablet does not support it. I dont have a sd card so all of the apps in installed in internal storage. free space is 4gb and the game i need to install is only 300mb. on my phones are no problems to install the game but this tablet cant install it, unknown source is turn on

I see. As to the live wallpaper, tit is completely possible that the tablet doesn't allow for live wallpapers on it. Some are like that.

However, to be sure, you may have to try accessing it through a different route. Most would just tap and hold on the home screen and look there, but some devices do not allow for access to them that way. If you haven't, I would try going into "Settings" and then "Wallpaper" and see if the option for live wallpapers is listed there.

As to the game, if it is from a place other than play store, then that could be the cause. Not all apps will work on all devices. Have you checked the requirements for the game you are trying to install? What happens 'exactly' when you try to download it?

Reactions: ptt1404
Sep 30, 2019
I see. As to the live wallpaper, tit is completely possible that the tablet doesn't allow for live wallpapers on it. Some are like that.

However, to be sure, you may have to try accessing it through a different route. Most would just tap and hold on the home screen and look there, but some devices do not allow for access to them that way. If you haven't, I would try going into "Settings" and then "Wallpaper" and see if the option for live wallpapers is listed there.

As to the game, if it is from a place other than play store, then that could be the cause. Not all apps will work on all devices. Have you checked the requirements for the game you are trying to install? What happens 'exactly' when you try to download it?
I installed the game directly from the internal storage which copied through usb. i was able to make the installation to run for a while and the message "app not installed" on the screen. even my very old phone android 7.0 could install the game, idk may be onn tablet just prefer walmart game lol

I am a tad confused here. Are you saying you downloaded the game to a computer, then put it on the tablet from the computer? That could be part of the problem. Apps really aren't meant to be installed that way. At least not on a normally running device. Did you try downloading it directly to the tablet? No using any other device.