Oops! Yahoo Says 3 Billion Accounts Hacked, Not 1 Billion

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobxp46

Prominent
Oct 3, 2017
The author may be interested to know that I had a Lifelock account for all of 90 days when my main credit card company informed me of fraudulent charges on my card which they had blocked! Then within the course of a week, I started receiving Bank letters denying me credit that I had not applied for. I called Lifelock and informed them of the breach and they had the audacity to say" before we continue I must read you a disclaimer". Then they promptly read me a legal statement saying they were not responsible for anything! I asked the agent what the hell I was paying them for they had missed it all! needless to say, I no longer do business with those worthless money sucking web ticks. Tom my experience may be unique but at age 71 I have lived long enough to know a seriously worthless scam when I see one. Seriously doubt if I am alone. Capitol One and Transunion stopped the problem but not before my credit rating fell some 50 points. I must also give Chase a pat on the back as one call to them prevented serious damage to that account. Tom, my daddy the Colonel always said a man is known by the company he keeps, you have been informed I'll say no more.

Paul Wagenseil

Senior Editor
Apr 11, 2014

That's very interesting. Can you provide more information about what LifeLock's disclaimer said? And did the LifeLock representative you spoke to mention the company's "million-dollar-protection" feature? The company is supposed to give you a financial cushion in such situations.

As for Chase, I can speak from personal experience that its customer fraud protection is excellent.

monseemian

Prominent
Jul 9, 2017
Isn't Lifelock the same company whose CEO was a victim of hacking/identity theft himself :)

With Equifax's failure in such a grand way, consumers are only beginning to realise what kind of frauds and theives they have entrusted their identity/credit security with, all this time.

thereg.p

Prominent
Oct 4, 2017
One other question is what happens when, not if but when LifeLock gets hacked? No company, organization, entity with connections to the internet are 100% immune to being hacked/attacked.

bogarus

Prominent
Oct 4, 2017
Chase Bank? Hell NO! Just two weeks ago, Chase caught someone trying to cash a check (ours), fraudulently into a wrongly named account. The check was from the US Treasury and had our name and address on it. We are a client of Chase. Instead of notifying us by looking up our account, they sent a valid, cash-able check back to the perpetrator for a large amount. Chase Bank is an accomplice to identity theft--they participate in it daily because they do not care.

I submitted the proof to my police department and am currently directing a complaint to the Federal bank regulators (OCC) against Chase Bank. Who knows if the bank regulators take anything seriously. I know Chase Bank does not.

tonytonytony

Prominent
Sep 28, 2017
This is the scariest thing about self-driving cars, or any car that can be updated through a network. Until they can figure out a way to keep things secure, it seems like you could be driving along and all of a sudden the car takes a hard right at 80 mph and your done for.

Status
Not open for further replies.