Open ear headphone question

G

So I'm looking for a new gaming headset since I had tons of problems with the hyperx cloud 2. I am now eyeing the QPAD QH-85 as it's open-back. But, I have a few questions.
1.If you're playing or listening to something would you be able to hear sound from the other ear driver? Like would your left ear be able to ear sound coming from the right side?
2. Do all open back headsets have good positional audio?

Solution
1. In real life, you don't just hear with your left or right ear, you hear with both and the sound is very similar. Anyway, I don't hear it from my Takstar Hi2050 and I wouldn't be worried about this as the game would be playing similar sounds in both of your ears anyway.
2. Open headphones have *better* positional audio in general. Not all are made the same though and it really depends on the individual model. I, for one, would recommend the chinese Takstar Hi2050 which have an amazing sound stage.

UnDeaDKnight

Estimable
Jun 23, 2015
1. In real life, you don't just hear with your left or right ear, you hear with both and the sound is very similar. Anyway, I don't hear it from my Takstar Hi2050 and I wouldn't be worried about this as the game would be playing similar sounds in both of your ears anyway.
2. Open headphones have *better* positional audio in general. Not all are made the same though and it really depends on the individual model. I, for one, would recommend the chinese Takstar Hi2050 which have an amazing sound stage.

Solution
G

Well, I was thinking of getting headphones like that but I decided later to get a headset instead. Also, thanks for the help really helped me.

G

One more thing, do you think bass is more important than positional audio or not? I know this is a topic based on opinion but I'm just wondering.