Open Office vs WPS

gondo

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2004
I'm a long time OpenOffice fan. It's always been the Office Suite for Apache and Linux users.

In the past 4 years Kingsoft, now known as WPS, has gained populrity.

Which one is recommended for Windows 10, specifically for spreadsheet use and the quality of built in functions. I love open office but am wondering if WPS is better.

Solution
no problems with WPS on win 10. that's what i have been using on both android and win 10 with no problems. i am a heavy spreadsheet user and have not found it limited with missing features.

if you wish you can actually use the new office for free at office.com. only catch is it only let's you save online to your MS account and not to your local drive. not played with it too much but there is bound to be a way to get it locally if you really want it on your hdd.

Math Geek

Estimable
Herald
no problems with WPS on win 10. that's what i have been using on both android and win 10 with no problems. i am a heavy spreadsheet user and have not found it limited with missing features.

if you wish you can actually use the new office for free at office.com. only catch is it only let's you save online to your MS account and not to your local drive. not played with it too much but there is bound to be a way to get it locally if you really want it on your hdd.

Solution

randomizer

Distinguished
Why not just download WPS and try it? It's the only way to know if it suits your needs.

That is true of OpenOffice.org which no longer exists, but Apache OpenOffice (the official successor to Oo_O, rather than a fork) is still undergoing slow development.

gondo

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2004
Upon research, it seems old sun and Oracle open office developpers are on the libreoffice project. Linux builds come with it. And asked Apache to end development of open office and help support libre. Going to try it out to replace open office.

thor220

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2009

I probably will when I get the time.