Opera Mobile Hardware Accelerated for Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
I hope this won't require 2.x, that would make me and my G1 sad. Still, just 3 more months till I can renew my contract, then hello, uh, whatever the best T-Mobile android phone is at that point (G2? don't really care about jailbreaking).

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
Opera for Android is already pretty good... But its not compatible with some websites. Such as those using Caspio redirection functions.

Otherwise - I like it most of the time over the default Android browser (Chrome?), but I use Opera on my deskstop 99% of the time.

wribbs

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2010
Hardware acceleration you say? Time for mobile browser benchmarks Toms. Wonder why it took so long to put Opera Mobile on Android anyway, although Opera Mini is excellent. This still gets a big 'meh' though since Android's default browser is great.

jaksun5

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2010
Actually Opera on Windows Mobile up until now has only supported 2 levels of zoom since historically WinMo phones were mostly resistive (which don't support multitouch) and despite some newer capacitive ones being out for a couple of years now they are just starting to get with the program (no pun intended).

All in all the 2 levels of zoom works quite well on the old phones, considering the 320x240 res doesn't give much detail when it's zoomed out

Silmarunya

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
Why don't you mention that other piece of news Opera released: Opera 11 for desktop will support extensions. That means Opera will become my number one choice. Chrome is made by Google and just doesn't feel complete, FF is slow and IE is a piece of junk software. Till now, I've used Chrome because of the speed and ad ons, but Opera with ad ons > any other browser.

Status
Not open for further replies.